Chapter 7

You cackled loudly barreling down the road. Sirens blared behind you. As expected someone called the cops in 'Disturbing the peace.' So you scattered. You had taken the asset into your care... as well as the old man, some how. You heard the loud roar of the motorcycles behind you. You pressed harder on the gas. You felt the wind rip at your thighs, being that you were standing slightly. Rick was being surprisingly quiet. You took as sharp turn to the left as you saw they had the road blocked off. You weaved nimbly between the trees tearing up dirt and moss in your wake. Your voice cracked from laughing so loud. 

"Ok mrs joker, chill a little." Triss' voice crackled into your helmet, "We're back at your truck, telling the cops that we're just camping in the mighty outdoors." She chuckled slightly, "I think he's actually buying it." 

You gazed around at the trees around you. Speeding up, you could see the bright junky lights on the front of their motorcycles finally reach you. Made a u turn and broke back into the road, just next to the police. The wheels spun hard as they landed side ways. Your eyes were wide and pressed down hard on the grass. 

"SHITSHITSHIT!" You yelled, "Shitty crappa-ton load of bull-crap, shit!" 

The police cars began to chase after you again your eyes widened as cop cars broken the road infront of you. The had surrounded you in a wide circle of vehicles. Driving in a slow circle you looked for a way out, there was no possible way the can get their grubby hands on the asset. People began to file out of the cars and bikes each poniting a gun at you. You glared around that them.

"Please put your hands above your head and step off the vehicle!" One shouted 

"Not gonna happen." You grunted mainly to yourself 

"(Y-y/n), the rough diameter of the circle they made is just enough to take flight!" Triss' yell echoed in your head 

You gazed around, you really doubted that, "Are you sure Triss?" 

"Yes, according to your own calculations," there was the shuffling of paper, "If you reach 450mph fast enough you should be able to take off." 

You released a shaky breath. You began to make a tight circle going faster and faster. Smoke began to raise as you moved faster soon it filled the air blinding almost everyone. This cover wouldn't last long. Breaking the circle moving fast you arrived at the end of the circle the turning of your wheel bumping into someone. You glared forward the motion stil in the wheels you pressed hard on the gas and barreled forward into the line of cars. You watched the small speedometer raise quickly, 400... 420... you couldn't make it there wasn't enough space. 430... you swallowed hard and stared in front of you. The smoke clearing the police starting to scramble out of the way.

"She's gonna ram us!" 446.... 

"She's mental!!" 448... 

"Stop!" 450! 

You jerked the handle up making the asset jump up just high enough. Jamming your palm in the  black button in the end of the right handle bar you felt the asset drastically shift under you. Time slowing you felt the straps extend to wrap around your tighs and hips and pulled you down onto Ricks lap. You heard the wheels reconstructing themselves, as a different section of the t.i.m started pumping lighter fuel. Someone screamed below the asset scrambling on the ground. You heard the final click and it was ready. Jamming your food down on the gas you rose away from the ground. The wide eyes from all of the cops made you laugh. 

"Whaaht?" You called back to them, "Have you never seen a UFO before?" 

You shook your head as you sped away from them in the air. The asset swayed gleefully from side to side as if started to go into speeds somewhere in the thousands. You grinned happily as the asset seemed to purr beneath you. You whooped happily throwing a few fists to the air. 

"Your alive!?" Triss laughed in the helmet. 

"That was amazing!" You laughed, "Most of the straps worked, didn't get any on my torso." You commented 

"Look at Rick." Triss giggled 

You turned your head around to look at the man whom you were sitting on. The thick black straps had wrapped themselves around him. You found yourself blushing, you just couldn't understand why. Lucky the helmet provented all sight in to your face. You turned your head bald around.

"I-i take it back," you said drumming your fingers slightly on the handle, "the straps do work, just not for two people." 

"You really need to stop doubting yourself," there was a crackle over the mic, "I mean you figured out that the asset, or nightlight as you called it,"  this caused you to giggle a little, "Can use a small space to take off, with out realizing it, might I add, and that the asset can take off with two people and will give straps to each." There was another short crackle, "You need to stop doubting yourself, you designed it and it worked, so you need to learn to trust yourself." 

You hummed slightly nodding, your attention was focused on the hands that gripped your hips as through He was gonna fall off this asset at nearly 2,000 mph and spatter on the ground. Which in turn he would need to be scrapped off the pavement with a puddy knife. You couldn't let this go on for long.

"You can let go of me Rick." You grumbled cruising above the tree line.

"O-oh. I." He released your hips, you were slightly disappointed you kind of liked the feeling of his hands on your hips 

"K Triss?" You said into the speaker of the helmet,  "Head towards my house. Cause I'm not leading her anywhere near here." 

Triss replied with something that sounded like 'ok.'  The it cut off. You sighed and pressed harder on the gas. You pulled off your helmet and held it in your lap. You smiled softly as the wind pulled at your face and pinned the stray hairs back to your head. You flew back to your house, not Necessarily in a big rush.