Chapter 18

(Rick pov) 

I was drifting in and out of awareness. Not exactly sleeping, not exactly awake. Then the sudden sound of glass shattering and loud thumps. I shot straight up and rushed towards the door. I saw summer and Morty poking their heads out from their rooms. Together we rushed down the stairs. I gripped my gun in the pocket of my lab coat. We gathered at the dark living room doorway, a movie still playing. I reached over and flicked on the lights. A gasp was torn from my throat before I could stop it. 

"(Y/n)?!" I yelled 

She shot her head around at me. Tears falling down her face her eyes wide with fear. Her mouth moved in all of the silent questions, pleas, and explanations. She gripped a the top of a shattered wine glass, her knuckles white. Her small body was quivering next to the wall. Whatever happened terrified her. 

"R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-" I cut Morty off 

"What!" I snapped 

He held a shaking arm out towards the couch or at least by it. I followed where he was pointing. My eyes widened, an arm laid in few in a large puddle of crimson liquid. She didn't stab someone did she? No, the edges of the bottle she was holding would be red. I cautiously walked towards it. My eyes widen. A rick? How, when, why. I looked back at (y/n), she looked like she was going to start balling again. Carefully I turned the body over looking at his face. His right temple was bleeding profusely causing the center of the pile of crimson to have a lighter red tint. 

I did a quick check of the pulse, damn it was still there. I sighed and opened a portal to I really don't care and dumped the body. I turned towards the couch a now stained blanket lay near the arm of the couch and dark crimson was soaking into the fabric. 

"R-r-Rick?" I turned to Morty, "I-I-I-I don't t-t-think (y/n) w-wants to talk about w-what happened." He said poniting at (y/n) 

Summer was trying to console her, but it wasn't working. She pulled her knees to her and buried her face in her knees. She was trying to stifle her sobs, but wasn't working well. I sighed and walked over toward the tv. I rolled my eyes slightly at the cheesy part of the movie and pulled out the hidden camera. With a few rewirings the tv flickered off the movie into a security cam.

"Wha-" I cut Morty off 

"Don't ask." I said starting to forward through the film. 

Slowly everyone gathered around me. Summer had to practically carry (y/n) towards us. She wasn't watching, or at least I thought. 

"It's right about there when it starts." She mumbles into her knees. 

I cast a glance down at her then stop forwarding. It was a very content looking (y/n) watching the movie, there was a stir behind her and a small green light. Then a figure, the rick I presume walks out of the dining room( not quite sure of the layout of the house). He wraps his arms around her, she looked like she was about to scream when her mouth was covered. 

"We wouldn't want Summer and Morty to wake up." She seemed to relax at this.

(~Read last chapter~) 

"Y-you're not rick." She said pinned beneath the rick, watching this just made me regret dumping him somewhere. 

"I'm as rick as a rick can be.~"  the rick purred popping a marshmallow in her mouth 

"Not tagged a see.~" he chuckled holding her wrist on his hand, "Good~" He stared down at her, "Now are you going to be a good girl or a bad one?~" he said leaning in towards your face

He kissed her hard then pulled away and drag his tongue down her cheek. Her tears filled your eyes. Tears started to fall as he raised up to look at his progress from a higher perspective. His grin widened at her tears.

"First timer too?~" he chuckled too cockily for my standers, "This one was quite the sc-!" 

What the shit!? I jumped at this, I didn't even notice that she had grabbed the wine bottle. I watched as the green shattered glittered in the low light. Time must of seemed like it was going too slow. I watched her panicked movements as she kicked the rick of the couch and drag herself backwards over the arm of the couch and shuffle back into the wall. Her chest was heaving as she was trying to regain anything. The minutes must have felt like hours before we rushed down the stairs. 

I stopped watching after I turned on the light. I turned towards (y/n), her face was turned away from us. I could see the small glimmer of tears in her eye and cheek, they ran down in a pattern in what I could only say looked like where a scar could be. She looked far off and worried her brow furrowed slightly.

"(Y/n)?" I asked reaching out towards her 

"Can I have answers?" She mumbled quietly 

"Answers?" I said 

"Yes." She replied 

"Answers to what?" I asked 

"TO WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL THERE ARE TWO OF YOU!?" She yelled turning her face towards me the tears looking lik they burned, "OR WHAT THE HELL THE TAG IS!? OR WHY ITS GOOD I DONT HAVE ONE!? PICK A DUCKING TOPIC RICK AND ANSWER IT!" 

i heaved a sigh, "I'll answer your questions if you answer on of mine." I said, "Deal?" 

She paused and then looked up at me, "Deal." She said looking at me, "you first." 

"Ok," I paused, "How did you know it wasn't me?" 

She seemed confused, "Can you rephrase that?" 

"Yeah.... (author drags on so yeah.)ummm..." I tapped a finger to my chin, "How did you know that other guy wasn't the me you knew?"