Chapter 9

~-(Rick pov-- next day)-~ 

I yawned as I tied my lab coat around my hips. I wandered downstairs and into the kitchen. I promised I'd help (y/n) clean her house. I pulled out an apple and bite into it. Kicking the fridge door shut I walked towards the garage. I entered it and gazed around. My tinkering were spewed about the work bench and floor. I picked up a blue print and sighed. I crumpled it in my fist and tossed it towards the trash. I plopped myself down in my chair and started to tinder with the small machine before me. After about twenty minutes of this I got bored and left. 

Walking through the kitchen towards the front door. I scribbled out a note and slapped it on the counter as I passed. I opened the front door and was about to step out when a voice broke the air. 

"R-r-r-Rick?" Morty stammered from the stairs, "A-are you going on an a-adventure with out me?" He sounded kind of hurt 

"If you cONsiter going across the strEEt to help clean, then yes. I am going adventuring with out you." I said leaving the house and pulling my gloves tighter

(Quick Morty pov)

Rick is going to help someone? That's weird. 

( back to rick) 

I sighed a little as I knocked on the door. There was a brief yell then a reply then someone coming towards the door. The door swung open and I was quickly met with the sharp glare I received last night.

"Rick." She growled 

"Triss." I nodded 

"What brings you around here?" She snarled 

"Well, (y/n) aSKed me if I could help her clean." I said slumping on the door way, "How'd you even get here, I dIDn't see a car on the street." 

She rolled her eyes, "My car is behind (y/n)'s metal death trap." She said pointing to the truck 

I cocked the side of my brow a little, "Death-trap?" 

She snickered, "Story for a different time." She turned, "Follow me to (y/n)." She hummed 

I did closing the door behind me with my foot. There was cleaning products and untilies spread everywhere. There was a carpet cleaner sitting in the middle of the living room. I thought struck me.

"Where's all the boxes and shIT?" I said gazing around 

"We move them to the garage," she paused at the first step, "It was the cleanest room here."

We walked up the stairs in silence as she rounded the banister she entered a room. I followed. I smiled slightly seeing short little (y/n) struggling to wash the window above her head. I chuckled and got a sharp jab in the ribs. Winced a little as Triss giggled and (y/n) turned to see us. Her (e/c) eyes sparked in the light as she smiled at us.

"Rick!" She giggled, "Glad you could make it." She grinned and held the rag in her dainty hands 

"It's a plEAsure." I said huffy holding my rips 

"What old man?" Triss teased, "The wind knocked from ya just from walking up the stairs?" 

"Shouldn't you have a hangover?" I retorted 

"It's a mild one, plus I drew the short straw of the bunch and was made designated driver." She hummed causing (y/n) to roll her eyes.

"Oh boo who." She laughed, "Were here to clean my house, so Triss go down stairs and clean the carpet, we have to return it in four hours." She placed her fists on her hips 

Triss rolled her eyes and walked back down stairs. I watched her scarlet hair disappear under the floor and turned back to (y/n). 

"What should I do?" I asked 

She shrugged, "pick a room, I've got this room and my bed room, we'll all slowly migrate to the kitchen, ok?" I nodded and she smiled, "good, you'll find cleaning supplies anywhere." 

I nodded and she put in her ear buds and went back to cleaning the windows. I hummed and wandered out into the hall. I walked into the room across from the one (y/n) was in and gazed around it. What ever people did to this house before they left it looked terrible. I sighed and grabbed a near by broom and began to knock cobwebs down. 

(Small timskip.) 

I coughed pulling the my hand to my mouth. This was the second room I was working on and this one sure is dusty. I turned my head at the sound of a knock. (Y/n) sood there with a soft smile. I cocked a side of my brow.

"Sandwich?" She asked holding a sandwich out to me 

I smiled softly and walked over and took it from her. I took a bite of the sandwich. She hummed slightly.

"There's water and other things downstairs if you want to join us for a lunch break." She hummed. 

I nodded and followed her downstairs. Triss was sitting cross legged in front of the doorway to the living room. (Y/n) giggled

"Can believe I have a brown carpet!" She snickered happily sitting beside her friend next to the cooler. 

We engaged in conversation for awhile until a knock rumbled on the door. (Y/n) sighed a little getting up. She placed her sandwich on the cooler and walked towards the door.

(2nd pov) 

You sighed walking towards the door, you looked a little less then presentable. With a dirt and what ever you cleaned off of whatever on tank top and dusty jeans. You opened the door and smiled seeing it was Beth.

"Hi!" You said cheerily, "what brings you over here?" 

Beth looked slightly annoyed and worried, "My dad left a note on the counter and Morty said he went here to clean." She paused, "My dad is a little less then the most trustworthy." She looked around, "Is he here?" 

You were about to answer when you were cut off.

"Thanks fOR the compliment, Beth." Rick said from behind you, "I've beEN cleaning here." 

Beth looked flustered, "Dad!" She smiled widely, "This is so unlike you and it's good to see you are being a good neighbor." 

Rick shrugged, "Whatever." 

"This a big step for you dad!" She turned, "I'm making brownies just for you!" 

She turned and walked back across the street. Ok. You thought. 

"What did you need rick?" You asked 

"Just telling YA I was headed bald upstairs to clean." Rick said