Chapter Seven

I am so very sorry for the extremely long wait. I have been super busy all semester that I haven't had the time or motivation to sit down and write, but after exams I plan to get back into a regular updating schedule, because I will have a lot more time next semester. So, after January I should be able to update more frequently for you guys. Until then, I will try my best to update as much as I can. I hope I didn't lose any of you guys over the wait. Thank you for being patient. I love you xx

Also, way longer chapter than usual to make up for it! It's over a thousand words longer than usual!

*Not edited*

Bryn's POV

Time seemed to tick by very slowly over the next few days. Niall and I had done next to nothing within seventy-two hours, other than sit around and watch the television. At first, I tried to avoid conversation as much as I could due to the fact that I found it so incredibly awkward at times to try to converse with him when we still knew next to nothing about each other. He tried pretty hard to get me to open up more to him, I could tell by the way he would randomly break the silence between us and looked at me expectantly for some sort of reply that didn't consist of only one to two words. But, I had grown seemingly more comfortable around him, at least by even a small amount. I could tell that he was somewhat uncomfortable at certain times as well, but he had made a greater effort to get over it than I had to begin with. When I pushed the reason behind all of this and the awkwardness that I felt at times aside, Niall really wasn't bad company at all. He was actually quite likeable.

He had been keeping in touch with Wren, as I was told to call him, everyday, and everyday I was told the same thing when I asked if any progress was being made so far.

"They are doing the best they can, but these things don't happen overnight, unfortunately. I wish I could tell you that they have found them already and there's nothing more to worry about, but I can't. It is going to take time, Bryn."

Or something along those lines.

Of course I knew that things were not going to be solved just like that, and of course I had found a way to come to terms with it by now, but it didn't stop the nagging feeling I had to get out of here. I was tired of it already, because I was still scared and confused and frustrated.

"Would you like to do something today? I imagine you're probably getting pretty bored," Niall spoke, cutting the silence that had filled the kitchen area as I began eating a bowl of cereal.

"Yes, I am." I laughed quietly. "What are we going to do?" I asked, watching as he stirred his coffee.

"You can decide if you want." He smiled before taking a sip. I thought about it for a moment, unable to come to a decision.

"I don't know." I shrugged as I finished off my breakfast. Niall rolled his eyes playfully, a small smirk surfacing on his lips.

"So indecisive, you are." He shook his head with a chuckle. "How about we get ready and go get lunch somewhere?" He suggested.

"I just ate breakfast." I pointed to the bowl that I literally just placed into the sink seconds ago.

"By the time we're ready to go, I'm sure it'll be close to noon and we'll both be hungry again." Once again, he chuckled. He came over to where I was standing to place his cup in the sink, bumping my hip with his own to move me out of the way. I scoffed jokingly, rolling my eyes behind his back.

I walked away from him and entered the room that I had claimed as my own over the past couple of days. I was impatient to get out of this hotel, as we hadn't stepped foot outside since our trip to the grocery store the other day, and I couldn't wait to feel like a part of society again. It was hard to feel in place in a situation like my own, so I was excited to be on the busy streets of Manhattan, pretending that I wasn't in this terrible position for even a few hours.