Chapter Ten

*Not edited*

Bryn's POV

I was woken up the next morning by the sun streaming relentlessly in through the curtains. It took me a few moments to realize where I was, as I had never fallen asleep in the living room area before and it was unrecognizable to me first thing in the morning. I used my hands as a shield from the bright rays and rubbed my eyes as I let out a small yawn. It wasn't until a few moments after that that I remembered who was on the couch beside me, wrapped up in the small blanket with me.

My body froze. Niall was laying right there with me, pressed up against me as he radiated with warmth. I didn't want to risk moving even an inch with the chance that I would wake him, but I also wished to be up and off of the couch before he had time to wake up and realize what had happened as well.

Blood rushed to my cheeks as I began thinking about how we actually fell asleep together and cuddled all night long on this tiny couch in some random hotel suite. I was sure it would be considered highly inappropriate, but that wasn't really my main thought at the moment. I was more concentrated on how awkward it would be if he were to wake up while we were in this compromising position. My left leg was swung over his body and my head was resting firmly on the arm he had wrapped around me while his other hand laid on his stomach.

I gathered the courage after some moments to sit up, hoping I wouldn't disturb him. I really didn't want to make things feel any more uncomfortable between us than they already did thanks to the incident in the kitchen last week. I moved my body up slowly and twisted to look down at him, seeing that he was still peacefully asleep. Soft snores escaped past his parted lips as his eyebrows drew in near to each other. Suppressing a smile at the sight, I gently hoisted myself up and over his legs, careful not to move him anymore than necessary. When my feet were planted safely on the carpeted floor, I did a little happy dance and chanted in my head at my victory.

A low, soft chuckle pulled me out of my moment and I stilled in my place at the sound. My face heated up once again at the realization that the cheeky bastard was awake and watching me.

"Don't stop, that was cute, really," Niall's voice broke through the silence in the room as he still laughed quietly at my expense.

I grunted to myself and rolled my eyes like he always tended to do, the red colour slowly disappearing from my cheeks. "How long were you awake?"

"Long enough to see that..." He trailed off with a smirk, "little scene."

"Did I wake you?" I asked, shuffling my feet.

"No." He shook his head and at that I grew confused.

Had he been pretending to be asleep, snoring and all?

"You were faking?" I scoffed playfully but on the inside I was filling with horror, crossing my arms. A grin broke out on his face.

"I was," He confirms with a small nod. "I couldn't resist. I wanted to see what you were gonna do."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes again and fought off the smirk that threatened to resurface on my face.

"Were you cold last night?" He suddenly asked with a look of concern.

My face fell back into a serious expression at his question and I fought off another blush. I was hoping the topic of our sleeping arrangement would be avoided.

"No, I was alright," I muttered. Niall nodded his head.

"Good." He let out a small, forced laugh and I watched as he lifted his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed over it. An action of nervousness, I gathered. "Well, I'm gonna go hop in the shower quickly. When I get out we can decide what we're going to do today," Niall spoke and stood up abruptly, brushing my arm as he did so.