25: Jeremy Meets You

Imagine: You're a vampire hunter and the urge to kill a vampire used to be rational but now became unbearable. It was something you were born to do, and you didn't know if you wanted to murder anyone. But your parents arranged for you to meet an instructor, a man who was going through it too.

"Mum," You sigh as you stroke your dog that is sticking it's head out of the car window, "I can handle this. I'll just find a few vamps and poof, they're gone." But she shook her head in dismay,

"I'm leaving you with a family that I trust, Jeremy Gilbert? He'll be helping you." She tells you, focussing on the road as it rode down streets upon streets. You stare out of the window, trying to recognise people but you can't.

"Is it that family who's parents drove off a bridge two years ago?" You ask, my college did a case study on it. My mother nods, silence wrapping you both in the car.

"We're here now, I'll see you in a couple of weeks when this has all blown over." She answers as you climb out the car with your bags. You feel awkward, knowing his past without actually knowing him. You want to become friends with him, help him grieve and get through any pain he might still feel.

"I love you mom, drive safely." You begin to walk up the driveway as she drove away smiling, waving you goodbye as she made her way down the road. As soon as you peered back towards the door he was there, the man who you were supposedly living with for the next few weeks. His muscular build really made you blush, but as you eyes drifted towards his face you saw a faint smile. He had literally just took your breath away, just by looking at him.

"Hi I'm Y/N. You must be Jeremy Gilbert." You reply, you were standing close to him and it was hard for you to gaze up to him. He smiled down at you, grabbing your bags and taking them into his own bare fists. He stepped back into the house, dropping them besides the door way.

"Come in," He told you, his voice husky but soothing. And so you did, but you felt a presence of a vampire - maybe two. The urge was growing and you grabbed onto the chest of drawers to steady yourself. Jeremy moved closer to you, grabbing your hand awkwardly as he realised something was wrong,

"Are you okay?" He questioned, but it was obvious that you wasn't. You could feel every fibre, every bone in your body aching to destroy whoever was here. But you knew you couldn't, unless he didn't know them.

"I can sense vampires, and besides I don't really want to kill anybody close to you - it wouldn't serve my greater agenda." But suddenly you could feel the supernatural beings coming closer and your knuckles were turning paler by the second. The figures appeared, both of them had dark hair and both looked mysterious. This is why you didn't want to come, you feared this would happen.

"Elena is my sister and this guy - Damon, is her boyfriend. They're vampires, don't hurt them Y/N." But you began to creep towards them, stealthily and swiftly. But Jeremy grabbed you by the shoulders and pulled you closer to him. To protect you from getting into trouble and for you not to get yourself into anything.

"Ah, Jer has got himself a little distraction I see-"

"Don't Damon." Elena muttered, walking past you and out the door. The other vampire soon followed. Maybe it was going to be okay, you needed to calm yourself down and maybe Jeremy could be your distraction too.