49: (REQUESTED) Klaus Teaches You To Paint

Requested by: @Liv1439

Imagine: You're one of Klaus's closest friends, especially after Camille died. He always confided in you afterward, despite the fact that you were a New Orleans witch. You had been shunned for helping him, but now you know how to use your magic from other sources - not ancestral. Today you barely had anything to do, so he wanted to teach you to paint.

"Okay, stop trying to butter me up," Klaus chuckled whilst you smiled, "Now are you going to paint something or not?" He asked, swigging some of his liquor before smirking at you again. You were never into art, especially painting. Last time you used watercolour... Let's just say it was a mess. Klaus had supplied you with more than enough, multiple canvas's with acrylic and watercolour paint, charcoal for sketching and pencils for further detail.

"You need to promise first!" You shouted, a grin stuck onto your lips. He sarcastically looked at you with a dead-pan face.

"There isn't any blood inside the red paint... Although-" You interrupted him.

"You promise?" Your eyes stared directly into his and he finally gave in.

"I promise," He rose from his chair after you had and began to stroll towards his painting room, "Blood usually gives it more of a crimson red." Klaus picked up one of his acrylics he had given you and squirted some onto a pallet.

"This one's more like a ruby red." Niklaus smiled weakly, placing the pallet into your hands before wandering towards the door. You shot him a look of curiosity, raising an eyebrow in the process. When he looked back he cocked his head to the side.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to help me?" You asked with a pout, his eyes drifting to his shoes before reaching yours again. But then he smiled, checking his phone just like he had been doing the last couple of hours.

"I've got some men to slaughter," He honestly told you, "I'll be back before you know it." But before you could try to convince him not to kill anybody, he vanished into thin air.

<><><>

Again, you should not have been trusted.

Klaus was literally going to kill you when he got home, the paint was everywhere - all over you, the walls, the floor, the canvas, the tables, the antiques from centuries ago. He was literally going to rip your heart out with no mercy if he saw the place. 

"What happened in here, Y/N?" A higher-pitched voice called from the doorway. You spun around, only to be faced with the youngest Mikaelson. Her hair fell past her shoulders and her eyes stared deeply at everywhere around the room.

"Hope, your father wanted me to paint the canvas-" Hope smiled the most adorable smile you could have ever imagined.

"Then why is it everywhere else too?" She asked wittily, stepping forward but avoiding the splurges of paint that covered the floor. You rinsed the sponge out above the bucket and knelt down to her level.

"Let's just say that I'm not as good at painting as you are, little wolf." Hope blushed before grabbing another sponge and dipping it into the lukewarm water before attempting to rinse it out. You began to scrub the floor desperately, trying to make any paint stain vanish into thin air.

"Daddy wouldn't like it if I did this." The little Mikaelson stated, wiping down some of the antiques on the tables. When she was about to pick one up, you ran over to her and scrubbed them yourself. You wouldn't want to have to call Klaus because a girl had glass scratches after she had shattered an ornament.

"Exactly, that's why we are going to clean this up." You told her, placing down another antique and returning to the floor and scrubbing it. Once you had done a third of the floor, you heard a click of a heel at the door. Suddenly you jumped, almost tripping into the bucket of water - but then you felt a secure pair of arms wrap around you. He pushed you upright before staring around the room.

"Klaus I-" You stuttered.

"Hope, why don't you go and see your mother? She has a present for you." He smiled at the littlest Mikaelson, watching her sprint off in the direction of the door. Klaus must have made her leave so he can make me feel dead inside, you thought to yourself as his eyes finally returned to you.

"Just kill me already." You murmured, biting your lip and avoiding eye contact with him. But then he did something you didn't expect, he erupted into a laugh.

"You think I'd kill you for being bad at painting?" He asked you and you sheepishly nodded.

"I would never kill you, Y/N. Even though you are bad at painting, or you have never seen and mocked Twilight, or even though you hate using your magic." Klaus lifted his hand up to your cheek, swiping away some of the paint with his thumb. Your heart leaped at the sudden gesture, but you didn't want to think about what you wanted to do right now. Your thoughts were toxic, disgusting... You could never be with a monster.

"Uh, I- Um..." You stuttered avoiding eye contact with him. Niklaus smiled weakly, stepping back and pushing up your chin so you finally looked at him.

"I know what you're thinking," He whispered before looking you up and down, "I wouldn't fall in love with me either."