Chapter 2

Lacey lied down on the train seats with a bulky blanket she stole from her sister back in America. Her puffy black hair is pulled up into a messy bun and she kicked off her black combat boots. The autumn leaves fall down swiftly from the trees as the train made its way to Hogwarts. She rolls her eyes almost annoyed that she's nervous for the new school she shall be attending.
"Can..I?" Lacey turns her head from the window to the door way to see a girl with fire red hair. Her beautiful blue eyes smiled at Lacey and she smiles and nods her head yes while lifting her legs off the chair.
"I'm Lily," the red head shakes Lacey's hand.
"Lacey," she smiles at her again.
"Are you the new student? I've never seen you before," Lily observes as she takes off her preppy jacket.
"Yes I'm from America," Lacey said,"its gorgeous here." Lacey compliments the country and then takes out her bun, thinking she looks like a man.
"Yeah," Lily stared out the window,"have you been to London yet?"
Lacey shakes her head and folded the white bulky blanket,"nope. I came straight to the train station," she giggles a bit at herself.
"We'll go there sometime," Lily says as she takes out a book it looks like she has been reading over the summer.
"Evans you look beautiful in that light," a boy with brown tastefully gelled hair smirks at Lily. He has thick black glasses and little curls poke out of his hair. His brown eyes sparkle at Lily as she looks up at him from her book.
"Go away Potter," she demands him as she looks back down at her book.
"Go out with me," he takes away the book from her hands so she has all his attention.
"Give me my book back," she stands up and tries to take it back but, him being taller, he raises it over his head. She crosses her arms and then raises her eyebrows and begins to tap her foot.
"You know Evans I can read minds," he smirks at her still having her book.
"Really?" She tries not to smile,"then what am I thinking?"
He makes a face and then looks into her bright blue eyes,"Too dirty to say aloud," he smirks at her and then looks at Lacey, who rolls her eyes.
"Twat. I was thinking: give me my book back," she grabs her book from his hands and then plops back down on the seat.
"I'll be looking for you in the Great Hall," he says before leaving.
"Honestly Prongs," a boy with pitch black hair pants,"you-oh!" He looks at Lily surprised and then looks down at Lacey,"Evans,"he nods his head acting like a fool. The boy's eyes wondered over to Lacey, looking her up and down and then flashed her a half smile before following the boy called Potter out of the train compartment.
"I'm quite sorry you had to see that," Lily apologizes to Lacey.
"Not a problem it was pretty entertaining," Lacey spreads her plump pink lips into a smile and then continues to tie up her boots.
The compartment door opens up again and, to my surprise, it wasn't the Potter boy but a girl with brown pixie cut hair that fits her soft round face. She wears an oversized sweater and a long floral print maxi skirt. Her face resembles, to what Lacey thinks, an elvish woman.
"Alice!!" Lily squeals and then jumps up.
"I saw James," her thin lips form into a smirk and she raises her eyebrows.
Lily rolls her eyes,"I wrote you and you never wrote me back," she puts her hands on her hips and then makes a pouty face.
"You know how my mother is," she hugs Lily.
"I'm Alice," she hugs Lacey, smiling,"you're the new girl are you not?"
"Yeah," Lacey says quickly pushing away from her feeling a  little uncomfortable.
"Well welcome to England," she says a little overly preppy. I nod my head and then lean on the train wall and feel the cold glass press against my soft milk white skin.
"So during the summer Frank stayed with us," Alice tells Lily and Lacey listens in. "My parents love him almost as much as I do." Alice grins ear to ear and Lacey can't help but smile back.
"Is Frank your boyfriend?" Lacey asks intrigued with Alice's conversation.
"Yes," she nods,"we've been together since our fourth year. But this summer he met my parents because...," she pauses and holds her chest,"we're getting quite serious."
Lacey smiles at the love in Alice's hazel eyes and then sighs wishing something like that was in her future but, she knew better. Love wasn't in her future it couldn't be, she wasn't worth loving.
She feels her throat start to swell as she thinks of how she's unlovable. Lacey thinks of her no-maj parents and feel her back shiver.
"So do you?" Lily asks Lacey, interrupting her from her thoughts.
"Do I what?"Lacey asks staring up to Lily who stares at her waiting for an answer.
"Play quidditch,"Lily tells her and then leans her head on her hans.
"Oh no," Lacey furrows her eyebrows and almost laughs,"I don't play sports;I'm too clumsy."
Alice laughs at her response,"well that's perfect we can watch the games together."
Lacey nods her head and toys with her fingers,"I don't really understand it but it'd be fun."
"Well Alice is in Ravenclaw and I'm in Gryffindor,"Lily explains to her,"I'm sure once you come to the games we'll be able to explain it to you."
"Wait,"Lacey looks at Alice and Lily confused,"what's a Ravenclaw?"
Alice giggles and Lacey finds herself giggling back,"it's one of the four houses at Hogwarts. Did you even read the guide?"
"Hell no," Lacey shakes her head with a smile,"the first page was boring so I slept on the plane ride."
Lily laughs at her and then gets out her robes from her small suitcase with the Hogwarts emblem on it,"I'm going to change," she tells Alice and Lacey.
They both wave her out and then Alice tells Lacey all about the houses and the history of Hogwarts.

"So a hat will sort me?" Lacey raises an eyebrow almost in disbelief.
"Not just any hat,"Alice buttons up her white dress shirt and then fixes her blue tie,"it's the hat of Godric Gryffindor, literally one of the founders of Hogwarts," she tells Lacey.
Alice's hazels eyes sparkle in the sunlight as she gets herself fixed up. Lacey takes out her journal and starts to sketch out the scenery that lays before her green eyes.
"Oh!" Alice hits her head as if she remembered something,"Lily said that you'll be dismissed with the first years."
"SEVENTH YEARS!" A deep voice yells out from the train hall.
"I'll see you than?" Alice hugs her,"hopefully you're sorted into one of our houses."