Chapter 13

Lacey wakes up and quickly looks at the time: 8:15. She squeals to herself, excited for Christmas, and quickly puts on her pajama pants with little Christmas trees on them. Lily still sleeps soundly and then mumbles something under her breath. Lacey quickly gets her presents that she got Lily and silently crept downstairs.
Under the tree there was an ocean of gifts under it. They were all decorated extravagantly and neatly placed under the tree. Lacey frowned at her gifts that were wrapped in a hideous manner and placed them in the front of the tree and smiled at it. Her wrapping paper were colored red with white bows on them. She looked over at the stockings hanging over the fireplace and then smiled with she saw one with her name on it. Little wrapped gifts filled her stocking and she thought of how kind Lily's parents were for making Christmas as special as they could for her.
She then looked at the clock and ran up the stairs and jumped noisily into Lily's bed, trying to wake her up. "Lily get up," Lacey whispers as she shakes the sleepy red head,"its Christmas get up!"
"Honestly,"she yawns as she opens her eyes and rolls over in her bed,"you're acting like a five year old."
"Get up!" Lacey squeals as she pulls Lily out of bed. Lily's matted hair flies everywhere and she puts on her baggy sweatshirt.
Petunia appears in the door way and looks at the girls up and down. Petunia has her black hair pulled tightly back in a bun and she wears a purple night gown with fuzzy slippers. "You seem quite excited," she says as she enters the room.
"Excited is an understatement," Lily mumbles as she moves slowly around preparing herself for Christmas morning.
Lacey puts her hands on her hips and then rolls her eyes,"would you hurry up?"
Lily laughs and then slips on her pink socks and she watches Lacey pace around her room waiting for her. Petunia sits next to Lily omg her bed and then crosses her arms looking at Lacey like she's a child younger then her.
"Petunia go wake up your mother and father,"Lacey says with a sparkle in her eye.
"I don't think they'll wake up,"She says as she heads to their room.
Lacey hears Lily's father's voice mumble something lowly and then she looks out the doorway to see Mr. And Mrs. Evans in their pajamas. Mr. Evans peeps behind Lily's door and smiles,"Happy Christmas sun shines!"
"Merry Christmas,"Lacey smiles.
Lily yawns loudly,"Happy Christmas dad."
"Your mum is just finishing up in the bathroom,"he laughs a bit before saying,"she's got to put on her makeup so you don't see her wrinkles."
Lacey laughs and so does Lily. Mrs. Evans walks out of the bathroom with her make up done perfectly and she smiles at her husband before signaling to them to come downstairs.

Petunia gasps at the pile of presents set under the tree and begins to take what's hers. Lily grabs her gifts and watches as Lacey sits on the couch watching everyone open their gifts.
"Lacey dear," Mrs. Evans says,"you've got some too." She hands Lacey the small packages all wrapped in silver and gold. Lacey hugs her thankful for what she has done.
"You both didn't have to do this,"Lacey smiles feeling bad she didn't get them anything.
"Oh hush,"Mrs.Evans says,"we absolutely love your company." She pauses as Lacey looks at her presents surprised,"we'll go on now, open them."
Lacey rips the wrapping paper and gasps as she looks at the small portable sketch book and a set of new pencils. "Thank you so much!" She smiles at them as she flips through the thick pages.
Opening the next gift, she laughs at the tiny black mirror along with different colored lipsticks. She looks over at Lily,"thanks."
"You always fix it in other people's mirror so....why not have your own?" Lily laughs and then watches as Lacey opens the other gift she'd gotten her.
Lacey looks at the gift with her eyes opened wide with shock. She had no idea what to say. She held up the dress and gasped as she laid her eyes on the beautiful black tulle. The upper part of the dress was a skin colored mesh and over the chest was black laced flowers covering the boobs. The back was completely bare and the black lace went down on the arms. Lacey touched the tulle and looked up at Lily who's smiling ear to ear.
"I hope you like it,"Lily says.
"Like it," Lacey gasps,"I'm in love with this."
Lily smiles widely and then nods her head,"you can wear it to the ball."
Lacey smiles at Lily,"open yours."
"I told you not to get me anything,"Lily says as she picks up the messily wrapped gift. She takes out the pearl white tea mug with a beautiful doe painted on it. Inside the mug Lily finds a cute pair of socks and a necklace with deer antlers.
"Cause...ya know your patronas is a doe,"Lacey explains to her.
"This is great Lacey,"she puts on her silver necklace and then admires the mug.
Petunia continues to open her gifts and tries hard to steal the attention off of Lacey and Lily. She waves her gifts around while exaggerating her expressions.
Mr. Evans looks over at her and makes a face as she opens another gift. She rolls her eyes once she's done opening them and then sighs loudly when she didn't get her number one thing one her list.

After opening the gifts Mrs. Evans begins to prepare the big Christmas breakfast since Lily and Lacey won't be present for the Christmas dinner. Mr. Evans begins to clean up the living that is full of torn wrapping paper. Lacey looks at the black dress still in awe that Lily had even gotten it for her.
"Will you wear it to the ball then?" Lily asks when a big smile on her flawless face.
"Of course I will,"Lacey looks up from her dress to Lily. Lily plays with the antler necklace and Lacey frowns, a little mad at herself that she didn't get Lily anything spectacular.
"I hope you like your gift,"Lacey looks at Lily's doe mug that is now piping hot with tea.
"I love it,"Lily grabs her mug,"I love socks, you already know that about me, and they're in my favorite color: yellow. And this necklace,"she smiles at it as she talks,"it screams me. I'm in love with it."
"Well good,"Lacey smiles,"I'm glad."
The house smells of some kind of breakfast casserole that Mrs. Evans was excited to make. Lacey could hear the eggs frying on a pan and sausages sizzling. She smelt the freshness of the toast that Mrs.Evans set out on the table and smiled. She calls everyone to the table and announces that breakfast is ready and it was time to eat.
Lacey glanced at the clock, shocked that it was already 9:30. Lily puts a huge amount of the layered casserole onto her plate that then tries to balance it out by putting some fruit on her plate as well. The casserole looks to be made of sausage, egg, cheese and bread. Licking her lips, Lacey takes a large amount of the casserole knowing it'll taste amazing. Mrs. Evans watches as everyone digs into their food and grins widely as Mr. Evans nods in approval of the breakfast she made.

**

The winter sky grows dark once the sun sets and Lacey almost frowns that Christmas is over. Mrs. Evans goes through the rules of spending the night at James's house and tells both of the girls to be good. Enthusiastically, Lily packs her bed making sure she has cute pajamas and James's gift. Lacey laughs at her fiddling through her closet to find a good outfit to wear.
"Lily stop freaking out. He'd think your beautiful with all your hair shaved off,"Lacey chuckles as she leans on Lily's bed board.
"I just want to look nice for his parents,"Lily says.
"Of course that's why you packed your matching panty set and silky pajamas,"Lacey smirks at her.
"James said his parents were leaving for a party after opening gifts,"Lily rolls her eyes,"you don't know what could happen."
Lacey laughs loudly and shakes her head at Lily's response. The door bell rings and Lily's mother rushes to the door and grins widely at the two boys standing by the door.
"Is there a Lily here?" James asks Mrs. Evans.
"We had a whole garden of them," Mrs. Evans smiles at the boy with the glasses and then to the boy with black hair. "Lily dear someone is at the door! You boys can come in, it's awfully cold out."
"Thank you, Mrs. Evans," James smiles at her,"I'm James, James Potter," he tries to shake her hand but she ends up hugging her instead,"I'm-"
"Lily's boyfriend," Mrs. Evans nods and then looks over at Sirius,"you must be Lacey's boyfriend," she hugs him tightly,"I'm Kathrine."
"Sirius Black," Sirius smiles at her warmness.
"The girls should be coming down anytime," Mrs. Evans says looking up the banister trying to see if the girls are ready,"would you boys like a cookie?"
"Um...yes please," Sirius grins.
Mrs. Evans hands him an over sized chocolate chip cookie and smiles at him as his eyes grow wide when he bites into the cookie. Lily runs down the stairs and hugs James,"merry Christmas!"
"Merry Christmas," Sirius grabs Lacey's soft hand and holds it tight.
"Bye mom, dad,"Lily says as she puts her bag over her shoulder.
Sirius grabs Lacey's suitcase and pulls it along as they head out the door. Lacey waves goodbye to them,"thank you for a wonderful Christmas!"
"Be safe! Anytime dear!" Mrs. Evans says.

"What'd Lily get you love?" Sirius asks as the near the portkey.
"A dress, and some more lipsticks and a beautiful black mirror,"Lacey says recalling the gifts.
"I've been waiting all day to open my packages,"Sirius says,"James made me wait all day for you and Lily to come."
"Well good I'm glad he did,"she laughs at him.
"That's it right over there,"James points to the hat on the ground.
The four of them touch the port key and travel to James's house.