Chapter 11

"You can sleep in my room,"Lily sets her suitcases on her bed and Lacey sets hers by Lily's nightstand. Lily's room is filled with paintings of flowers and books fill her shelves. On a stand she posses a record player and has about two boxes full of records. Lacey smiles as she looks through her collection of rock, indie, and some grunge songs.
"I love The Beatles!" Lacey pulls out their newest track from Lily's box.
"Play it,"Lily says as she takes out her polaroid and takes a picture of Lacey with the record.
Lily laughs loudly and then looks out the window as she shakes the picture,"I'm so angry that there's no snow."
The Beatles record plays lightly in the background as Lacey dances towards the window and frowns a little at the dead grass and dried out flowers. "Never really liked flowers though,"she mumbles as she looks out the window.
Lily shrugs,"flowers are beautiful." She steps away from the window and then sits down on her bed.
"What've you gotten Sirius?" She asks her as she braids her red hair.
"I'm not telling a soul,"Lacey laughs,"you'd tell him."
"Would not!" Lily laughs loudly and she scratches her head,"okay...maybe...I would."
Lacey playfully hits her as she joins in with Lily's laugh. Lily's mother cooks dinner downstairs and the whole house smells of spaghetti.
"I'm guessing you won't tell me what Potters present is then?" Lacey smirks at her.
"Hell no. You'd tell Sirius and Sirius would tell James,"she smiles,"I can't have that!"
Lacey pulls her black hair up in a bun and then she fixes her deep red lipstick. She watches as Lily puts away her clothes in a very meticulous manner. She dances to the music as she starts to hang her clothes up and place them in the dresser.
"So,"Lily looks over her shoulder at her and smiles,"did Alice tell you?"
"Tell me what?" Lacey looks up from Lily's records.
"She's apart of the student council," Lily tells Lacey.
"Of course she is,"Lacey mumbles under her breath.
Lily laughs loudly before continuing and nods her head,"she's setting up a ball! Like a New Years dance in Hogwarts,"Lily smiles,"it gives the school a reason to use the ball room!"
"A ball?" Lacey raises an eyebrow,"that could be cool."
"It will be,"Lily says,"I'm making James take me."
"Sirius better ask me,"Lacey laughs as she takes out a Led Zeppelin album and replaces The Beatles record with it.
"Alice is already making her dress,"lily shakes her head,"Dumbledore will announce it once we get back from break."
Lacey nods her head thinking of how she will be able to get a dress. She quickly imagines a beautiful long black dress that shines darkly in the sunlight. She pictures her hair down and little black diamonds decorated in it.
"We can go shopping after Christmas," Lily says once she's done folding her clothes. "James lives closer to London then I and there are better stores there as well."
"I'll probably make something I don't have much money,"Lacey smiles at her.
Lily shakes her head,"we'll figure it out."

Lily's kitchen is painted in a nice calming white color and decorated with a baby blue. Lily's mother has brightly colored red haired and beautiful blue eyes. Her father has black hair and blue eyes as well, they both talk to each other as Mrs. Evans finishes setting the table. Petunia runs down the stairs and looks at the perfectly settled table that has a big bowl of buttered noodles and pasta sauce next to it. There's a bowl of salad and condiments for the pasta.
The rounded table has five chairs seated at it and Petunia quickly sat right next to the bread sticks and grabbed her food before anyone else.
"Petunia calm down,"Mrs. Evans sighs and she washes her hands,"you still can't eat until everyone is seated."
Lacey sits next to Lily and Mr. Evans and begins to get tiny amounts of the food. She thinks of Sirius and how he pushed her to eat and started smiling. She's felt better since she started eating. She doesn't eat a lot but she eats enough. Lily probs a huge amount of spaghetti on her plate and doesn't even glance at the salad. Mrs. Evans watches at everyone eats the food and then gets her plate.
"Lily how has your school year been so far?" Mrs. Evans asks her as she adds parmesan to her pasta.
"Quite good,"she says,"I've got good grades in all of my classes so far and I'm still Gryffindor's Perfect girl."
Mr. Evans nods his head in approval as he continues to eat his food on looking up once. Lacey picks at the food and nibbles on the bread like a rabbit before twirling her noodles around.
"And how has your school been dear?" Mrs. Evans looks over at Lacey.
"Um, pretty good actually,"she says,"I like it better then Salem."
"Salem? Good heavens I didn't know there were schools like that in America!" She almost shouts surprised.
Lacey laughs,"yeah there are, but England is better."
"Are there any boys?" Petunia asks. Lacey could see the glimmer in her eyes,"I remember that weird boy Lily used to talk to. What was his name again?"
"Severus,"she says,"and he's not weird just different."
"He's completely odd,"Petunia mumbles.
"Odd is good though,"Lacey speaks up,"normal is pretty boring."
"Right you are my dear!" Mr.Evans says finishes his first helping and then starts to get his second.
Lacey smiles as Mrs. Evans starts talking about her work as a teacher and how terrible the 6th graders are. "I've gave about 3 girls detention!" She says shaking her head.
Lily laughs and then points to Lacey sneakily. Mrs. Evans makes a face and then looks over at Lacey and says laughing,"oh we've all gotten detention. I remember in my years I was quite a sneaky girl. I glued my teacher to her chair,"she laughs at her memory,"oh it was dreadful! Detention for 3 weeks!"
Lacey laughs loudly,"the good thing is it's harder to caught Bc we can always jinx or hex the teachers. Magic makes everything easier." Lily nods in my response.
"Don't you find it weird that you can do magic?" Petunia asks not amused by Lacey's comment. Her cold blue eyes glare at Lacey and Lily as she crosses her arms.
"Not at all,"lily says as she takes another breadstick. Lacey shakes her head and then leans on the table as she shoves some salad in her mouth a little annoyed by Petunias comment.
"Your parents posses magic then?" Petunia asks Lacey.
"No, they are no-majs too,"Lacey tells her.
"So they didn't want you because of your magic I'm guessing." Petunia says glaring at Lacey.
"Petunia Evans stop right now!" Mrs. Evans says,"there's no need for any of that."
"It's fine,"Lacey says trying hard to feel nothing,"but yes they did."
Petunia nods her head and then drinks her glass of water. Lily grits her teeth as she glares daggers at her sister.

***

"Does your sister not like magic folk?" Lacey asks as she lays on Lily's floor. Her bright room is now dark from the night sky and the only light in the room was the moon light.
"Kind of,"she says,"I think she does. She doesn't quite like me anymore. She thinks I'm a freak."
"I'm sorry,"Lacey yawns.
"Don't be," Lily says,"it doesn't matter to me. I love her whether she does or does not." Lily stretches her arms and says lowly,"Lacey."
"Yes?"
"I'm going to marry James,"she whispers only for Lacey to hear. "I'm 18...he's 18,"she pauses,"I'm in love with him. Do you feel that way with Sirius?"
"Of course I do. He's my other half. I love him more then life itself," Lacey says thinking of Sirius. "I know we'll get married and have a family of our own," she smiles at the thought of raising children with Sirius, even though he doesn't quite like them.
"Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!! I'm just crazy excited to see James!" Lily says. Lacey could hear the smile form on her face before yawning and closes her eyes.

"Lace,"Lacey faintly hears Sirius's voice whimper.
"Sirius,"Lacey looks at his bloodshot red eyes and glazed eye balls,"baby what are you doing here?"
"I'm not okay,"his voice is uneven and Lacey grabs his shaky hands.
"What is it baby?" She snuggles him softly as he buries his face into her chest.
"They...they took my name off the tree,"he says,"I'm not part of the family."
"Fuck then,"Lacey softly says,"you don't need them. You've got me and I've got you. You also have James and Frank, Peter and Remus,"she says,"and many others Sirius."
"I'm a complete disappointment Lace,"he whispers.
"Don't say that. Your family values something that is disgusting and violent. Your values are pure and kind. You're not a disappointment, Sirius." Lacey runs her hands through his soft hair.
He nods his head and looks up at her and Lacey wipes his tears on his olive colored skin. She kisses his forehead,"I love you Sirius Orion Black."
"I love you Lacey Bee Black,"he jokes and then kisses her cheek.
"I wish,"she whispers in his ear.
"It will be soon,"he lowly says and he lays his head on her chest.
She strokes his head until his breathing becomes easy and she feels his body become calm. She hears him slightly snore and she closes her eyes while smiling, wishing this moment would last forever.