Chapter 9

"Just admit it," Alice sighs as she bathes,"you fancy James; give the blote a break."
"Of course I fancy James but that doesn't-"
"Did you just..,"Lacey grins wide and stuffs her face in Sirius's sweatshirt.
"Merlin...,"she mumbles,"just because we kissed.."
"What do you mean just because you kissed?!" Alice squeals as she washes her hair,"you've got to ask him on a date!" Lacey nods her head in agreement.
"But what if Lacey?" Lily smiles as she hands Alice her conditioner.
"What about me?" Lacey asks as she wipes off her make up.
"I saw you and Sirius," she smirks,"it's obvious."
"That I hate him?" She lies.
"That you fancy him,"Lily smirks,"and don't feed me that bullshit on how you don't do feelings."
Lacey rolls her eyes and can't help but grin. Lily laughs loudly and sings,"k-I-s-s-I-n-g"
"We already have,"Lacey mumbles as she looks at the ground.
"What?" Alice ask.
"Nothing."
"No tell us,"Alice smirks and then suddenly it all starts to come together,"its you!"
"Me?" Lacey looks at her like she's gone mad.
"Your the girl Sirius runs off with,"Alice says and then looks at Lacey,"think about it. When you left that night he left not long after and you both were no where to be found. You had detention together...the girls dormitory."
"Merlins beard," Lily looks at Lacey with wide eyes.
"We agreed to have no feelings ," Lacey says lowly.
Lacey looks out the window of the bathroom and watches as the moon lights shines into the stone bathroom in the Gryffindor common rooms.
Lily gets up,"that's it. I'm doing it," without another word she rushes out the bathroom and down the stairs to the quidditch field to wait for James to ask her out.
Following Lily, Lacey jumps up and decides to go back to the Slytherin common rooms.

Lacey suggles in the fat man chair still wearing Sirius's sweats from earlier as she sketches in her book. She thinks of the beautiful big black dog and begins to sketch out the dogs body.
"Oui!" She hears a smooth familiar voice coming from the pipes and then sees a tall black figure stand away from the fire place.
Scared, Lacey grabs her wand and walks bravely toward it,"who are you?"
"It's me Lace,"Sirius steps out of the shadows smiling at her.
"Holy shit,"she gasps,"don't ever do that again." She playfully hits him and then sits back on the chair.
Sirius sits on top of her and snores loudly being a goof.
"Are you serious?" She laughs loudly trying to push him off.
"The one and only,"he jokes as he lays down on the couch next to the fat man chair.
"Shut up,"she smiles.
Sirius swallows hard and then he sits up and looks at her,"Lace can...can I tell you something?"
Lacey nods her head.
"I...I love you,"he says sheepishly.
"You what?" Lacey asks hoping she didn't hear what she did but then hoping she did.
"I love you," he says confidently now.
"Sirius, don't say that. Don't say that unless you mean it because I might do something crazy like believe it," Lacey whispers loud enough for him to hear.
"I...I do mean it. Lacey I don't care if you think your odd because when I look at you I want to sing. When I look at you I want to...," he pauses and says slowly,"I want to do anything for you, and eat ice cream at 2 a.m with you, I want to talk of the things that scare us the most knowing we won't judge each other."
"Sirius...,"tears swell her green eyes and Sirius sees them glisten in the fire light.
"Lacey don't say you don't feel anything because I know you do,"Sirius holds her cold hand and she nods her head. "Lacey the world is going to shit and we might not have much time left. So please. Just be with me."
Lacey's tears trail down her pale face and she smiles and nods her head,"I love you too," she whispers as she hugs him tightly.

**

"James honestly what is wrong with you?" Peter asks as he watches James kick and scream on the bed. Lacey leans on Sirius in his bed as he watches James giggle loudly.
"I've got a date with Lily," he manages to say. The excitement in his face is over whelming and Lacey looks away for only a moment and tries not to laugh as she and Peter exchange glances.
"Beg your pardon?" Remus says with a confused look on his face.
"I've got a date with lily," he smiles at he looks up.
"Evans? Lily Evans? Ginger with a mean wand? Asked you out on a date?" Sirius asks as he holds Lacey's hand.
"Didn't we tell you to stop eating those damned edibles?" Remus says looking at James worried,"he's hallucinating. Wormtail, Padfoot, just keep smiling and let him be."
"Prongs the possibility of Evans asking you out is even lower than Snivellus finding someone willing to shag him," Sirius snorts. Lacey laughs loudly at his joke.
"I don't fucking care what you wankers are saying. I've got a date with Lily Evans on Sunday at 12 o'clock!" James happily shouts.
"As if that were possible,"Remus says,"he's obviously drunk, just ignore him."
"Shut up you sodding wanker,"James throws a pillow at Remus and then one at Sirius and another at the non-stop laughing Peter.
"James,"Lacey says,"what are you guys going to do?"
"Eat food,"he says,"I'm taking her to dinner."
Remus rolls his eyes, still not believing it, and then looks at Lacey,"how long has this been going on?"
"Girls dormitory,"Sirius snorts lowly and Remus laughs.
"That was you?!" Remus laughs hard at Lacey who's face turned red and she softly slaps Sirius.
"You mean to tell me,Pads was telling the truth?" Peter asks. Lacey nods her head and Peter happily looks at James,"you owe me a cupcake."
"I'll get you your bloody cupcake,"James rolls his eyes and then looks in his messy closet,"what do you think I should wear?"
"Oh here we go!..,"Remus groans and then playfully knocks his head on the wall.
"I think a collared shirt would be nice Prongs,"Peter says while looking in the closet.