Chapter 14

"Open it, James!" Lily almost demands as she sits next to him.
"Whys it soo long?" James asks at he looks at the long rectangular box that is wrapped perfectly.
"Just open it Prongs,"Sirius rolls his eyes as he puts his arm around Lacey.
Mr and Mrs. Potter watch intently as James begins to unwrap the beautifully decorated box. James gasps as he observes the broom that Lily had gotten him. Lily smiles wide and then says,"I hope you like it. I tired to get the right one."
"Lily I love it,"he kisses her cheek and then hugs her tightly.
"Open mine,"James says as he hands her a small box wrapped up with yellow wrapping paper, Lily's favorite color.
Lacey watches as Lily opens up the gift James has gotten her. James watches with a childish grin on his face as she looks at the piece of paper in the box. She starts to laugh as she reads it,"Im quite glad you changed the fish scales part," Lily blushed as she looks up at James.
"Open the envelope,"James smiles at Lily.
"They're muggle movie tickets," James grins at Lily's face,"to-"
"To the Badlands!" Lily gasps,"this is my absolute favorite-"
"Muggle book,"James half smiles as he watches Lily freak out,"I've got two: for me and you."
"James!" Lily embraces him tightly and whispers something in his ear that makes his entire body weak.
Lacey smiles as she watches the excitement in Lilys and James' face. Lily pulls down her skirt as she sits next to James still admiring the film tickets. Mrs. Potter smiles widely as she watches her son and his girlfriend look at the tickets and talk amongst themselves about the future. She notices the sparkle in James' eyes and she makes a face knowing she'd never seen a sparkle quite like that in his eyes. Yet, she's seen it in her husbands eyes when they got married and the first time they told each other they were in love with one another.
"Sirius I want you to open yours,"Lacey hands him is present that is wrapped in red paper.
Sirius tears the wrapping paper slowly as he jokingly looks up at Lacey trying to make the process suspenseful. Lacey rolls her eyes and laughs while motioning go hurry up.
"Do you like it?" Lacey smiled at him as he felt the motorcycle helmet.
"Of course I do love,"he feels the helmet.
"It's just...,"she pulls on her black sleeves,"I want you to be safe and...you'll like a badass in it."
Sirius laughs,"don't I already?"
Lacey nods her head as he kisses her cold forehead and then he opens the other present she had wrapped a bit better than everything else he wrapped.
"You got me a new one!" Sirius exclaims as he holds up the leather jacket. Lacey nods her head.
"Of course it's not real leather,"she says thinking of how she's an animal rights activist,"look in the pocket."
He pulls out a pack of cigarettes and then a box full of peppermint tea. He laughs as he smells the tea box and then looks over at Lacey thinking of how much he loves her. "Lacey,"he says with complete emotion,"I'm unconditionally in love with you."
Lacey shyly smiles,"I love you too," she kisses his stubbly cheek.
"Go on,"he smiles as she picks up her gifts.
Lacey hastily tears open her gift and smiles widely at the necklace. It was a silver necklace with a single pendent: a paw print. She squints her eyes at him a little confused and then asks very confidently,"you're snuffles?"
Sirius smiles widely and nods his head,"I'm your dog."
Lacey laughs at him and then opens the box to the side of her. She gasps loudly and then squeals in excitement as she starts to jump up and down,"you're not serious?!? Are you for real??!"
"My name is Sirius,"he snickers at his stupid joke.
"Sirius!!!" Lacey exclaims. "The Beatles tickets! and Jimi Hendrix?!"
"James and Lily are coming with us to The Beatles, along with Frank and Alice. But you and I are going to the Jimi Hendrix concert,"Sirius explains to her as she jumps up and down.
Sirius takes the necklace he got Lacey and put it around her soft slender neck. Lacey holds up her black hair and waits for Sirius's rough warm hands to stop fiddling with the end of the necklace.

Mrs. Potter smiles at James as Lily goes in the kitchen to get another plate of turkey and some of the stuffing,"sweetheart,"she says to her son,"she's quite a pretty girl."
James nods his head as he looks at Lily taking more food,"yeah she's gorgeous."
"The way you look at her...,"Mrs. Potter pauses as she looks at Lily,"its..," she trails off.
"I think I'm in love with her,"he tells his mom with a little chuckle,"actually I know I'm in love with her."
Mrs. Potter smiles at his statement and then says,"I quite like her. She's a nice girl, very smart. Sirius dear,"she looks over at Sirius who keeps chasing Lacey with mistletoe and starts to laugh loudly,"come here Lacey," she looks over at Sirius,"leave her alone."
"Yeah leave me alone,"Lacey jokes with a smile.
Sirius sits next to Mrs. Potter and smiles at her,"mum when are you and Jeff going?"
"You just want me out of your hair huh?" She laughs as she gets up and puts on her earrings.