Chapter 16

Skip to Hogwarts. Two days before the ball

"Lily and I have scheduled a talk with Dumbledore,"James says as he sits down in the library.
"About what?" Lacey asks as she sits on the chair bored.
"Prongs what do you mean mate?" Sirius furrows his eyebrows as he puts his arm around Lacey.
"The order," James says as Lily sits down along with Lupin, who has fresh cuts on his face.
Peter nods his head,"and the order is..?"
"We've got no clue,"James says,"Dumbledore told Lily about. Moony thinks it's got something to do with Voldemort-"
"Like a resistance,"Remus explains to a very confused Peter.
"A resistance against you-know-who?" Peter says,"bloody hell. You've got lots of guts."
"Wormtail,"Sirius says,"we've got lots of guts. You're coming to the meeting with us."
Peter sighs softly and leans on the library table. Alice walks into the library wearing a brightly colored dress with Frank trotting along behind her.
"Have you told them yet?" Alice asks as she sits next to Lacey.
"We're talking now,"Lily tells her.
"So the day after the ball,"James says,"thats the day."
"Brilliant,"Frank smiles.

***

"Are you really not going to ask me,"Lacey asks as Sirius and her together in the cramped broom closet.
"Why do I need to ask? I'm dating you,"Sirius laughs at her question.
She rolls her eyes as she traces her fingers over his bare tattooed chest. "Sirius I want to be asked. James asked Lily, and it was adorable. He bought her a gazillion roses!"
"I'm not romantic,"Sirius says annoyed,"you know that."
"I'm not asking for anything romantic." She tells him,"if you got a paper bag and wrote: would you go to the ball with me, I'd burst."
Sirius laughs at her,"Lacey you're ridiculous."
"Oh," Lacey laughs annoyed with his stubbornness,"am I? Fine then."
Before Sirius could say anything she quickly got dressed and stormed out of the broom closet. Sirius called after her, still naked. She storms outside annoyed with him knowing he was just behind her.
"Lace," Sirius pants,"you've got to calm down. It's not a big deal."
"Before it wasn't," Lacey practically yells at him,"now it is!"
The wind blows through Lacey's skin and she shivers in the cold. Her dress sways in the wind and she fixes her tights that she quickly put on. Sirius puts his jacket on and then makes a face.
"Why do you even need to get asked?" Sirius folds his arms.
"Why does it matter Sirius?!" She asks,"if you'd ask me to do something for you that was this simple I'd do it. Why can't you do this for me?"
He shrugs his shoulders,"you're overreacting."
"Overreacting?" Lacey scoffs. Without thinking she points her wand at his and says aggressively,"expelliarmus." She then wisps her wand in an up and down direction before throwing Sirius up on a tree. He wiggles around for a moment and then yells out something. "This is overreacting Sirius,"Lacey yells at him ,hot with anger. She smiles at herself happy she learned the sticking charm at an early age.

"Padfoot tell me again how exactly you got detention this week,"Remus asks Sirius as he glances at Sirius's detention slip.
"Lacey and I got caught together in a broom closet over the weekend." Sirius lies to Remus.
"That's funny,"Remus runs his chin,"see I spoke to Lacey...and she told me that she didn't have detention this week. In fact, when I asked her about it she couldn't stop giggling."
"Well...maybe she was embarrassed?" Sirius suggested while sweating.
"Or,"Remus smirks,"maybe this detention slip is correct and you were found naked in a tree in the courtyard asleep."
"How does that even happen Pads?" James laughs as he puts some sandwiches on his plate.
"She took my wand and my clothes and left me there with a sticking charm!! What exactly was I supposed to do?!" Sirius exclaims.
"Oh...Sirius,"Remus laughs,"you really ought to stop pissing her off."
"How do you know I was pissing her off? Maybe she was unprovoked,"Sirius laughs.
"Right,"James mumbles as he exchanges glances with Peter and Remus.
"Whatever you say Padfoot...,"Peter rolls his eyes.
"She's wildly mad at me,"Sirius sips some of his tea.
"What does she want Pads?" James asks.
"To ask her to the damn ball,"he rolls his eyes. "Lacey's fucking crazy."
"That's your girl,"James laughs.
"Just do what she wants,"Peter pipes in,"women get their way all the time. Might as well not make it difficult."
"He's right,"Remus nods his head.
"I thought it was stupid but Alice said Lily would kill me,"James nods his head,"so I did it anyways."
"Just get the girl some cigarettes or something,"Remus shrugs.
Sirius nods his head before getting up. Taking a couple of sandwiches, he storms off with determination in his eyes.

"He's an annoying little slug,"Lacey sighs as she sits on Lily's bed.
"You're with him,"Lily mumbles as she puts fresh water in her case full of red roses.
"I love him,"she rolls her eyes. "I can't believe I left him in the tree naked," Lacey laughs.
"Naked? You didn't tell me that,"Lily laughs. "You're such a Slytherin. Was he furious?"
"A bit,"Lacey makes a face. "He kissed me and said he'd get me back." Lacey rolls her eyes thinking of the things he could do. She smiled to herself thinking of being naked in a tree herself. "I just want to get asked. I've never been to a dance,"Lacey shrugs her shoulders.

A box flew through the door and hit the wall unexpectedly. Lily shouted and jumped next to Lacey. Lacey laughed loudly as he basically caught Lily watching the box fly across the room.
"What the hell,"Lacey got up as she picked up the small box. It was wrapped in black wrapping paper with a big black bow. Lacey ran her hands on the velvet bow and smiled already knowing who is was from.
Opening the box, she started to laugh at the pack of cigarettes. On the cigarette box read: you know I'm not romantic but I know you like these more than flowers. So...will you go to the ball with me?

Lacey nods her head to herself and then looks up feeling like a stupid girl. She opens the door as Lily looks at the cigarette package, and looks around. "Sirius,"she calls out with a smile.
"Lacey,"Sirius calls back from behind one of the Gryffindor colored curtains.
"Sirius,"she chuckles,"I'd love to go to the ball,"she sings as she walks over to the curtains.
Sirius wiggles his toes in his socks with too many holes in them,"you've got to find me first."
She rolls her eyes and then pulls the curtain open fast to see Sirius covered in mud, her least favorite thing. "Ew,"she squeals as Sirius hugs her tightly not letting her go. "Sirius stop!" She squeals again as she flails her arms around.
"Gosh Lace I love you so,"Sirius laughs.
"Get off of me you slug,"she laughs as he kisses her clean face.
Lily walks down the stairs and stares at the dirty couple before her. She folds her arms and raises an eyebrow. "You two gits were practically made for each other,"Lily smirks as she heads to James's dorm.
Lacey looks over the mud that is matted in her hair and she makes a disgusted face,"I need a bath."
"No love,"Sirius smirks,"WE need a bath."