Chapter 10: "You're my friend too"...

Lily Flyer and Princia Ramode were searching for Ace Winters. They were at Sector A, but the sun was setting at their location. It would be more difficult to find Ace at night. Lily was trying to not get frantic. "So, how long have you known Ace?" Princia asked. "For a while now," Lily replied as she used her binoculars to look. "It seems like a long time now." "Are you his girlfriend?" Princia asked. "No, I am not," Lily sighed. "But it doesn't matter though, you probably like him way more than I do." "I do like him," Princia said. "He'll always be my best friend, but I don't want to go further than that. I certainly don't want him as a boyfriend." "No?" Lily lowered her binoculars in shock. "Why not?" "I'm sure Ace is good looking, but I found someone more handsome than him," Princia said. The princess next sighed. "When me and Ace were looking through F-ZERO pilot files I found him. Samurai Goroh. So handsome. I've never met anyone like him." Okay, of course Lily Flyer thought this was odd. She was also positive that Ace would think so too. Samurai Goroh was 45 years old in Federation records. Princia Ramode was 16, so Goroh was 29 years older than her. Lily turned her attention back to her search. "Oh he's not here!" she whined. "We're running out of time!" "I can see why Ace would like you so much," Princia smiled. "You're a good friend to him." Lily shrugged her shoulder and smiled back. "You're my friend too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Night had fallen at Port Town. Super Arrow was currently flying beside Captain Falcon's ship as they searched the city. The superhero had also sent his robot owl to search Port Town for Ace Winters. "I really hope we find that kid soon," Super Arrow said. "There is no telling what Zoda could do to him if he found him." Suddenly, Super Arrow's comlink lit up. It was Mrs. Arrow trying to contact him. "Did you find him honey?" he asked her. "Nothing," Mrs. Arrow said sadly. "I got Leon to help us in the search, but he's not at White Land." "Lily here," Lily's voice cackled through the com in Captain Falcon's ship. "Ace is not at Silence, Big Blue, or even Red Canyon." "God," Falcon exclaimed. This was already hard without Jody! Ace was literally not at the major courses. "Wait Lily," Captain Falcon spoke. "Have you tried Fire Field?" "Oh my god!" Lily Flyer exclaimed. "He could be there!" "We're going to head there now," Captain Falcon said. "Meet us there." Hopefully Ace is there, Falcon thought, and hopefully he's not in too much trouble.