Chapter 3 Of Wands and Werewolfs

James feeling more than slightly nervous stood up and walked up to the counter. Olivaner gave a warm smile and said "I've been been looking forward to this for some time, mister Potter." before he started to look on the shelves.
After looking along the first two rows of shelving he swiftly pulled out a dusty box from the bottom shelf, "It feels like only yesterday that I gave your father that very famous wand of his, it was a wand I made myself you know and I've never been more proud of what it accomplished." Olivaner made his way back to the counter and placed the open box on it. Upon picking it up James said "It's a bit heavier than I imagined..."
Olivaner raised an eyebrow in response.When he waved the wand James was pushed back, nocked of his feet. Olivaner looked at James with a piercing stare and traced a finger over his lips, "Apparently not.." was all he said as the wand was put back on a shelf. Walking to the opposite shelf he picked up another box and placed it on the counter James picked up the light brown wand and gave it a wave, as he finished the wave a book above Fred fell off its shelf and hit his head, Arthur and Alice burst out into fits of laughter "Watch were you wave that thing will you." grumbled Fred rubbing his head. James looked at Olivaner and asked "Was that unicorn tail hair?" Olivaner look at James he suddenly interested, "Do you know the properties of unicorn hair in a wand?"
"Well unicorn hair mainly preforms light magic and doesn't like dark magic, it can cast it but it's difficult to make it." James replied.
"Very good Mr Potter you certainly know your stuff about wands, what do you think would suit you?" asked Olivaner. James thought for a moment and said "Some dense wood I think" these words surprised him it's almost like he'd known that since he came in.
Olivaner looked at James intently and said quietly "I was considering that myself... It's seems to me that you have a great affinity for wands Mr Potter." Olivaner shuffled to a ladder and climbed up to the top shelf and pulled out a deep red box, he placed it on the counter and James picked up the sleek black wand. The wood felt warm like it had been sitting in the sun for far to long "It's quite warm..." James said confusion appernt in his voice as he looked up to Mr Olivaner,
"Well put it down then, I don't want my shop destroyed!" Olivaner chuckled.
Suddenly he looked to the back of the shop where a black curtain hung, then looked back at James and with a small smile on his lips Olivaner mutterd "I wonder?" Olivaner shuffled quickly to the back of the shop behind a curtain and came back moments later with an ornate silver box the length of a wand. "This is a very special wand Mr Potter, the first of its kind infact. This wand is made from ebony wood, a very respectful wood that usually likes people who value individuality. But it's not this fact that makes it special, what makes this wand so special is its one of a kind core, it's powderd werewolf tooth. The tooth in question came from one Remus Lupin who I believe... is your godfather is he not?"
"Uuh yes sir?" James said dumbfounded.
"It seems to me Mr Potter your godfather will always be a big part in your life because of this wand, and I'm sure your father would be glad about that. After all his time with his godfather was tragically short... Anyway werewolf tooth makes for a very impressive core due to the effects of lycanthropy, this wand has its basic strength which is quite impressive in itself, but this wands unique talent is that the closer it approaches the full moon the stronger it becomes. When the full moon has passed it will revert back to its basic strength."
The wand was sleek black with a triangular handle that had three flat sides. His hand griped the wand and he lifted it up. The moment he lifted the wand the flame atop the candle on Olivaners desk, turned into a wolf head and gave of a low howl. Olivaner beamed at James clearly proud of his work, "Well it seems my work is done and I'm sure we can expect great things from you Mr Potter."
They each payed for their wands put them into there respective boxes and turned to leave. Before he reached the door James turned and said "Mr Olivaner are you sure you want to give me this beautiful silver case?"
"Certainly Mr Potter also I'd like you to take this book, read it and let me know what you think" Olivaner moved things around on his desk for a minute, then handed James the book from his desk.
Thanking Olivaner the young trio left the shop and met up with the adults. They all travelled to Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream parlour, as everyone was enjoying a cooling treat in the hot sun, James opened the door to Dantès's cage held is arm out and the owl jumped on to his arm. The owl hooted in a content manner as James stroked down Dantès back between his wings. After 5 minutes of stroking the young owl hopped up James's arm to his shoulder, nipped his ear affectionately tucked his head under his wing and fell asleep, he's ear feathers sticking out.
After everyone had finished there cooling treat James stood up very carefully as not do disturb his new friend, and they all returned to Weasely's Wizarding Wheezes, to floo home. James stepped into the living room of 12 Grimmauld and sat down on a nearby sofa and tried to calm down his now awakened and seemingly surprised companion. After five minutes of calming strokes he looked little different, James got the impression that Dantès always looked like that.

And that's the end of another chapter sorry this one took so long, the picture is of a long eared owl.

Anyway until next time have fun.