Chapter 8 The Great Way.

The twins finished their game of chess as the food trolley came round, James got himself a pumpkin pasty, a bottle of water and a single chocolate frog. This was considerably more healthy than his red-headed counterparts, they had bought two boxes of Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, five licorice wands and four chocolate frogs. Alice brought one chocolate frog and pulled some ham sandwiches, and a bottle of strawberry Juice from her bag.
As they setteld down to eat Arthur asked "So what house do you guys think you'll be in?"
"Well dearest brother, there is no records of a Weasely being in any other house except Gryffindor... So on that basis I think we will be in Gryffindor." Fred said as if it were an obvious statement.
"Mum was in Ravenclaw and dad was a Hufflepuff so it stands to reason that I'd be in one of those houses." Alice stated.
"Given the logic behind that statement I'd say your more on the Ravenclaw side." Fred pointed out "What about you James?" he then asked.
"Umm? Well dad was a Gryffindor so it would be cool to be in that house because as the song says " You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart." But being a Hufflepuff would be alright too, I mean mum was a Hufflepuff and she is awesome. There verse says " You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil." I'd like to think I have the qualitys of both houses so eather one will be fine." James reasoned.
"I think your definitely Gryffindor material." Alice beamed her bright smile at him causing a light blush to form on his cheeks.
After finishing their food they all opened their chocolate frogs, they instantly bit the head of the frogs. James picked up his witch and wizard cards "Hay guys I got Merlin!" James exclaimed.
"I got Morgana Le Fay." Alice stated.
"I got Sirius Black!" Fred grinned.
"And I got Flitwick!" Arthur exclaimed. "Whats on the Sirius Black card?" Alice questioned.
"Sirius 'Padfoot' Black 1959-1996 was the godfather to Harry Potter, and was wrongly accused of the murder of James and Lily Potter. He was a prolific prankster and holds the record for youngest Animagus (Dog), with his friend James Potter and ex-friend Peter Pettigrew. Fred read from his card.
Just remembering, James jumps up onto his seat and pulled the shrunken trunk from the rack above there heads. He then enlarged it "Guys Moony gave me this for my birthday." the twins gasped.
"Merlin's trousers! James there's stuff in here that would make us planking gods!" Fred said excitedly.
"There's also this" James said pulling out an old bit of parchment. Tapping it with his wand he said "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Black lines instantly started drawing the lines that mark out Hogwarts Castle.
"Is that a map of the castle?" Alice asked.
"Yep it shows everything" James said.
"Amazing... It's the Marauders Map" the twins said.
"How do you know about it?" James asked.
"Dad told us about it" Arthur said.
"It really shows everything?" Alice asked.
"Everything....."
"....And Everyone...."
"....Every hour...."
"....Of every minute...."
"....Of every day!" the twins said excitedly.
After an hour of looking at all the equipment, James put it away and turned to look at Alice. The sun was shining through the window onto her porcelain face, making her hair shine purple. He was so distracted looking at her he failed to notice her talking.
With a shake of his head he turned to look at who Alice was talking to, Honoria was stood in the doorway her string like hair tied back in a ponytail. Her screechy voice said heavy with accent "Oh there you are, I've been looking for you guys for hours."
Alice snorted "Clearly not looking hard, we haven't moved all journey." the twins laughed at the comment. Honoria gave a sickly smile "Oh hello James I didn't see you there."
"Oh.. Um.. Hello Miss Honoria um.. Can we help you?" James asked clearly uncomfortable with her starring at him.
"Oh I was just looking for people to talk to, and I remembered how nice you were the other night." her sickly smile grew.
"Oh ermm well you're welcome." James said. Honoria then came into the carriage and sat down between Fred and Arthur. Alice's smile fell from her face and she turned to look out of the window, clearly not wanting to be disturbed.
James following Alice's lead picked up his book again and continued to read, the twins continued to talk to there cousin.
After another hour of reading Honoria Jabbed Alice in the shoulder, so she turned to glare at Honoria "What do you want?" Alice snarled.
"Why are you ignoring me?" Honoria asked.
"I'm not ignoring you I just have nothing to say to you." Alice stated matter-of-factly.
"Well you should. " Alice whined.
"I should what?" Alice asked
"Have something to say to me"
"And why, prey tell is that?" Alice asked.
"because I'm here and you have to talk to me!" Honoria whined.
"I don't have to DO anything." Alice stated.
"Well then you're rude. " Honoria pouted.
"And  you're a spoilt brat, swings and roundabouts really." Alice stated ending the conversation and turned back to the window.
After an awkward silence Honoria stood up, and without a world left the compartment. After about twenty minutes Alice gave off a heavy sigh and said "We will be arriving soon, I suppose we should change into our robes." James and the twins stood up, gathered there uniform and walked into the corridor to change.
After 10 minutes James and the twins re-entered the carriage to see Alice sat in full uniform, robes and hat. Alice smiled at them "Well don't you three look dashing!"
"Thank you. " James said whilst blushing and sat down.

And that's another chapter down and the plot has nearly started, as always constructive criticism is always welcome.

Until next time have fun.