Chapter 4 The long Expected Party

James awoke on the morning of the 30th of August in a great mood as today was the day of his party, sitting up in his bed he saw Dantès sitting on the frame at the foot of his bed.
Seeing that he was awake Dantès jumped and hooted quite vigorously, chuckling at his companion he looked at his door and saw Kreacher holding a cup on a tray as he aproched James smiled at him. "Good morning Kreacher."
"Good morning young master James, I have brought you some tea." he offered the cup.
"Thankyou Kreacher" James beamed.
"You're welcome young master." Kreacher said then left.
James got out of bed and walked to his wardrobe and opened it, he reached in and took out a white shirt, grey trousers and matching waistcoat.
After dressing he folded his pajamas and put them under his pillow, then he straighted his scarlet bedsheets and opened the matching curtains.
He got his silver pocket watch out of its box on his bedside table, slotting it into the pocket on his waistcoat he slid the chain through the middle button hole and clipped it to the opposite pocket. Drinking from his mug he left his room and set off from his room on the second floor, and went down stairs to the basement kitchen. Going down to the first floor he said good morning to his brother, who was talking to the painting of Phineas Nigellus Black, and continued to the ground floor, stepping of the last step to the ground floor he walked past the painting that had ones held Walburga Black. The once screaming painting now had a gleaming sword sticking out of it, doing this broke the magic and turned it into a normal canvas. After piercing the painting the parents were unable to pull the sword out so they left it, the hilt is useful as a coat rack.
Upon entering the basement kitchen James saw a full English breakfast placed infront of his seat at the table. He sat at his seat and started eating heartily, Nymphadora came in and said "Good morning dear"
"Morning mum" James replied after swallowing.
"Well we have some great plans for today, first we are going to the Zoo so you can bring Alice, Fred and Arthur if you want. Then everyone is meeting at The Burrow I know your birthday isn't till the 1st but me and your father thought you deserved and early birthday party that and you won't be here on the 1st.
As James put down his silver knife and fork embossed with the Black family crest and motto, after he clearly finished eating, Harry walked into the room. Walking up behind his wife he placed his hands on her hips and kissed her neck, "Lily is all dressed and ready, as is Teddy, the twins will be 5 minutes so will Alice". Putting his plate next to the sink James went back up to the ground floor and went into the sitting room, seeing her brother walk in Lily got off her chair ran over and hugged her brother. She smiled up at him "Morning Lily flower" James said to his little sister. Hugging him a bit tighter for a second, she let go and went back to her seat, James threw himself onto the chaise longue next to the fire sank into its plush green leather cover and waited for his friends.
The taxi ride to London Zoo was enjoyable the sun was shining and they all managed to blend in with muggle dress. Fred wore an open red and black checked shirt with a 'Dark side of the Moon t-shirt' , light brown trousers and black converse all-stars. Arthur on the other hand gave quite the contrast, he wore a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and had a blue tank-top on over it. He also wore a watch with a brown leather strap on his arm, grey trousers and brown dress shoes. Alice wore a scarlet summer dress with a black bow tied at the waist with ribbon, the red of the dress stood out against her porcelain skin and her lose raven hair fell midway down her back going purple in the sunlight. James blushed a furious shade of red as he complimented her, the twins teased him mercilessly for an hour after.
Before entering the Zoo they all got a cool treat from the ice-cream shop, "Dad how can you eat those things? They are horrible." James questioned.
"Well one of my favourite memories is coming to a zoo and being given a lemon ice-lolly, so I suppose I like them because I got one in a happy way." Harry replied with a smile on his face and taking a bite out of his lemon ice-lolly.
After paying they entered the Zoo "So what shall we see first James?" Nymphadora asked.
"Um... How about the reptiles?" James suggested. They've spent the better part of an hour wandering through the reptile building, James answer many of Alice's questions and informed the twins which ones could kill a person, which they listened to in great detail.
After looking at the reptiles they walked into the sealife section.
The sealife section was a deep blue and full of tanks holding many types of sea creatures. Stopping to read a plaque about an octopus, a small blonde boy with a piggy nose came and pushed him out of the way of the tank. The boy pressed his face against he glass and shouted "NAN COME SEE THIS UGLY THING!." What felt like a nanosecond after the sentence left the boys mouth, a greying woman with and extraordinarily long neck and horse like face appeared. She smiled down at the small boy "What is it pomkin?"
"Whats this ugly thing" the boy asked impatiently.
"That is an octopus, can you count how may legs it has?" she asked.
"No" said the boy.
"Why not pomkin?" the woman asked.
"Because I don't want to!" the boy whined.
"The octopus is a cephalopod with eight arms, which you would have known if you had bothered to read." James groaned exasperatedly. The horse faced woman looked up furiously, "Don't you talk to my grandson like that!... And you should run a brush through that hair you look like a delinquent, oh and wearing coloured eye contact lenses at your age you must be a delinquent"
"You want me to brush my hair, I want a world of smart people, we clearly don't always get what we want." James smirked.
"Who are you?" she snapped clearly offended.
"A human" he answered plainly.
"Well obviously your human boy but what's your name?" she asked again.
"Its the identification title my parents gave me" his smirk grew wider.
"Don't talking to me like that!" she ordered.
"What in English? What would you prefer French? German? Latin? I do take requests."
Before the woman could respond Nymphadora came round the corner, he horse faced woman gaped at her bubble gum pink hair as if it had slaped her across the face. She looked releaved "Aah James, there you are I've been..."
"Excuse me, are you this boys mother?" the horse faced woman interrupted "Yes, good, I must insist you teach him some manners he was very rude to me." Nymphadora looked at the woman and her eyes went wide "Well if it isn't Petunia Dursley!" The woman James now knew was called Petunia looked taken aback, "Do,I know you?" she asked.
"Yes I was part of the guard that protected your nephew 13 years ago" Nymphadora explained.
"Oh yes what was your name Honks?... Bonks?..." she asked disgust in her voice.
"No it was Tonks, but not anymore, the names Potter, Nymphadora Potter" she held out her hand.
Petunia had gone as pale as ivory and looked terrified. Seeing his wife's distress a very fat man came waddling over, "Are you ok dear"he asker from behind a larger mustache.
Petunia gasped "Vernon look!" Vernon Dursley's eyes raked over Nymphadora they lingers on her wide hips, and came you a stop at her ample chest. Seeing his eyes stops Nymphadora crossed her arms, in the pose that James had come to know as the ' mum's pissed of pose'. Vernon finally spoke "Well madam it seems that you have caused my wife some distress, why don't we go back to my car and see if we can work out some form of eh... Compensation?" Vernon said licking his lips. At this Nymphadora smirked the same way her son had moments before, "Oh of course just letting me shout my husband... Oh Harry dear could you come hear a moment?"
As Harry walked over to his wife Vernon Dursley went a deep red "Yes dear?" Harry asked but before Nymphadora could say anything she was cut off, "What are you doing here boy!" Vernon ordered.
"Last time I checked ' uncle ' it's a free country, I'm hear with my wife, daughter and sons to celebrate James's birthday is that a satisfying answer?" Harry replied sarcastically. Before Vernon could retort he was cut off by Fred "Bloody hell I didn't know whales could walk?" hearing this Vernon went a deep purple and turned to Fred "Do you know what I am boy?!" Vernon questioned.
"You mean besides obese?" asked Arthur casually inspecting his nails. Vernon opened and closed his mouth seven times "Yes like that sir good impression" Alice finished. So with muttering about beings late the Dursleys walked whispering maliciously leaving the little group to burst out laughing.

That's another chapter down I am sorry it took so long. Thankyou for reading I would appreciate any constructive criticism.

Until next time have fun.