Chapter 3

I sighed for umpteenth time as I leaned on my elbow on the mosaic table. It was Monday and I was having my first lesson with Fumio. He taught me history in the beautiful cream coloured room I had met him in yesterday. The twins had begged me this morning to come with them to their school but the prince had forbid it. He had made it clear this morning by breakfast that I would get a full list of rules this evening after his work. I scratched my arms and wrinkled the expensive dress shirt. The skirt I was wearing was in black satin together with a small leather belt.

"ko-sama? Miss Aiko-sama" I snapped back from my thoughts when I heard my name being called by a familiar voice. "Is there a problem with my lesson miss?"

Fumio looked irritated and offended at me and I blushed. I blinked a few times and bowed my head down feeling embarrassed that I had been caught not listening.

"No Fumio-sensei" I said and picked up my pen.

I couldn't tell Fumio-sensei that I was bored out of my mind with history. Back in school I barely passed the class since I did everything else except listening. But Fumio-sensei must think I'm dumb, I really need to try harder. Fumio-sensei gave me a worried look before he sighed.

"Maybe you should take a rest Aiko-sama" He said putting down the history book and took off his glasses. "We have been doing this for four hours."

"No thanks I still have a lot to learn" I said and dragged on it.

"But it's not good to overdo yourself."

"I will manage to lunch."

Fumio nodded and took on his glasses again before he continued the lesson.

"So during the second world war Shimajima helped Japan with weapons and refuge" He said and I wrote it down. "It thanks to this that we now have a tight bond with the country and that's why they give us permission to look after our future queens in their land."

It hit a nerve and I balled my fist. Fumio looked at me but I just smiled even though I wanted to scream and run away. Please help me.

"I guess we have to take a break" Fumio said as it knocked on the door.

We looked at the door as a servant pushed a trolley inside. She served the dinner by the two couches. Then she bowed and went out again.

"Let's eat" He said and waited for me to sit down.

I rose from the chair and walked over to the seating group. We sat down and looked at the plates in front of us. Today's lunch was spaghetti bolognese and I couldn't wait to taste it. This wasn't exactly something that is served in Japan but I have seen it on television and it seems good. I took a bite and the sweet flavour enter my mouth. The meat was a bit salt and the spaghetti was perfectly cooked.

"I think we should go over to etiquette lessons after lunch" Fumio said as he put down his glass. "History doesn't seem like your strong side miss."

"Well it's not Fumio-sensei" I said.

He smiled and ate up before he leaned back in his seat. I ate up and leaned back too. Fumio took up his phone and looked through it before he turned it off and looked at me.

"We can start with how you sit" He said.

I straightened my back and looked at him. He too straightened himself and smiled.

"It's not something weird or spectacular about how you sit but it can change how people see you" He started. "Make sure you always sit straight at the beginning at the conversation or the acquaintance until the person you're talking with starts to lean back or well relax around you then you to can relax too. Also remember to lean forward with your head when you're listening to show that you're interested and are listening."