Chapter 7

A door opened and my eyes fluttered open. Miyuki stood by my bed with a worried expression. I sat up and rubbed my eye before I concentrated my vision at her.

"What is it Miyuki?" I asked and looked at the clock. "This early in the morning?"

"It has worked Aiko-sama" She said and sat down. "The king announced this morning for the family that his father sees you as inappropriate for the role as our future queen."

The early morning still had me in it's grip so I couldn't really understand what she said. But after a couple of minutes it sunk in and then it hit me like a truck.

"H-he said that?" I asked.

"Yes" Miyuki said. "He also said that he want to meet you as soon as you have eaten your breakfast and getting dressed. They're going to announce this lunch and then you will be allowed to go home."

"I'm going home? I'm going home."

A smile grew on my face but in my heart I just couldn't be as happy as I wanted to be. I shook my head. I should be over the moon for this news. Miyuki gave me some kind of knowing smile before she rose. She walked over to the walk-in closet and took down two suitcases.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I rose from the bed.

"The prince wanted you to keep all the clothes you have been wearing during your time here" She said and started to pack.

"But that's almost the whole wardrobe! I can't take that!"
"I'm sorry but the princes order goes and who else will use them?"

I sighed and went into the bathroom where I jumped into the shower. When I was done I dried of and brushed my hair before I walked out to my room. Miyuki still packed clothes but when she saw me she gestured me to come to her. I walked inside and she pointed at navy blue dress with red details.

"Take that one" She said. "It's real comfy so I don't think the trip home will be uncomfortable."

"Thank you" I said and took the dress.

I walked out and changed to the dress and then I sat down on the chair for the last time. A bittersweet feeling washed over me but I shook it away. Miyuki closed the last suitcase and then came over to me. Her eyes were glossy but she wore a great smile, so I wonder if I should ask her about how she feels. She brushed my hair so gentle I almost wanted to cry but I bit my lip trying to stop it. I'm going to miss her very much, she's like the big sister I never got. She put down the brush and then she braided my hair. Then she bowed down a bit before our faces was levelled. A tear ran down her face and then one ran down on mine. Miyuki hugged me hard so our faces squished together. We giggled and then we looked at each other.

"I'm going to miss you Aiko-sama" She said and dried a tear from my eyes. "But it seems like you will miss me too."

"Yes I will" I said and dried of one from her. "I'm going to miss you, Jirou and the twins so much. I will even miss Masahiro."

"Aiko-sama promise me one thing."

"What?"

"When you get home forget us, forget everything you experienced here."

"But why?"

"Because you need to move on. You won't be able to meet anyone of us after you have left the palace. So it's better for you to just forget us."

"But how will I be able to do that? You have been a part of my life, maybe not for long but still."

"You will figure it out darling. I know it."