Chapter 11

I had stayed in Japan three weeks after dad's accident. Masahiro had left for the island since his dad couldn't take all of his appointments so I had been left alone but he had promised me he would be back as soon as he could.

I sat up in my bed and looked around my temporary room. Suddenly I felt nauseous and I rushed out of my room. I reached the bathroom but it was locked. Panic started to grow in my chest and I headed for the porch. In the kitchen there was sound of mom doing breakfast so I couldn't go in there. I reached the grass and emptied my guts. Someone came running behind and held the braid out of the way.

"What is it neesan?" Chieko asked as she stroke my back like mom used to.

I shook my head and thought I was done when a new wave of nausea came over me. Once again I emptied my stomach and I scrunched my face at the foul taste. I finally felt normal again and I rose from the grass. Chieko dropped my braid and took my hand before she followed me inside. Mom came running out from the kitchen and looked worriedly at me.

"Your dad said he saw you running outside" She said. "What happened?"

"I suddenly felt nauseous" I said and walked over to the bathroom.

It was vacant and I went inside but kept the door opened. I took some water and washed my mouth. Mom looked at me worriedly but she didn't say anything. When I didn't say anything else she walked over to the kitchen.

"Call me if you need me" Chieko said and went inside her room.

I unbraided my hair and brushed it before I exited the bathroom. Suddenly a familiar ringtone came from my room and I ran inside. The catchy tune made me dance inside before I answered.

"Hi it's Aiko" I said.

"Hello it's me" Masahiro said and I smiled.

"Hi. What could you want? Are you on your way here?"

"I actually am, but I need to ask you something first."

"Okay what is it?"

"Do you remember that I told you about that we would hold a banquet?"

"Yes what about it?"

"That banquet is today so I'm on my way to come and get you."

I let out a deep sigh and then became silent.

"Aiko... Aiko!" Masahiro said with a bit worry in his voice.

"I'm alright, I'm here" I said and started to breath again. "Today?!"

"Yes I forgot to tell you since I've been so busy. But I promise that I will help you with everything today. I will be in Tokyo by lunch so be ready by then."

"Alright if you say so. I will be ready."

"That's good. I will see you later, good bye."

"Good bye I love you."

"I love you too."

The call ended and I sat down on the bed totally surprised. There would be a banquet today and I was not prepared. Nervousness and panic flowed through my body and I started to hyperventilate. Takeshi walked past my door but rushed inside when he saw me.

"What is it?" He asked with panic in his voice. "Breath calmly for god's sake."

That made me smile and I started to take deep breaths as he coached me. My breathing became more and more normal and soon I could breath like usual. When Takeshi decided that I was back to normal he looked seriously at me.