RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 10

Third Person POV

                After a few hours of training with his Warlock friend, Y/N and Gonzalo walked back to the dormitory.  

Gonzalo: So, you think they'll keep our secret safe?

Y/N: I believe they will.  At least... I believe Ruby will.

Gonzalo: Hm.

Y/N: What?

Gonzalo: Oh, nothing.  Just can't help but think that you have some sort of feelings toward her.

Y/N: Shut up... it's nothing like that. 

Gonzalo: Famous last words, my man.  Speaking of which...

             They looked down one of the halls to their right, seeing the young girl in her pajamas, speaking to one of their friends, Jaune.  Double tapping the side of his helmet, Y/N was able to completely listen in on their conversation. 

Gonzalo: Did you just...

Y/N: Maybe.

Gonzalo: You're a creep, dude.  Anyway, have fun stalking your girlfriend.

Y/N: Oh for the love-

                Without any sort of warning or sign, Gonz disappeared, most likely blinking away.  Y/N sighed, turning his head back down the hall to see Jaune walking the other way and Ruby stumbling Y/N's direction.  The Hunter closed his eyes, thinking for a moment and taking off his helm, stepping out in front of her.

Ruby: AH!  Y/N!  Stop scaring me like that!

                Ruby lightly punched Y/N's shoulder, making him chuckle.

Y/N: Sorry about that, Ruby.  Couldn't help but take another chance. Haha!

Ruby: So mean... Anyway... what is it?  Is there something you want to tell me?

Y/N: Yes, actually.  I wanted to give you something.

               The Huntress' face reddened, her eyes shifting to the side and nervous smile creeping on her face.

Ruby: O-Oh!  I don't know if I really deserve any kind of gift from you... buuut I do like gifts!

Y/N: Heh.  Yeah, though this one is something special.

               Holding out his right hand, a small sheathed dagger materialized in his palm.

Ruby: Whoa...!

Y/N: This isn't really a dagger you're meant to use all of the time.  It's more of a... uh... symbol.  A symbol of trust.  Right now, you're the only person to hold this kind of dagger.

               Ruby slowly took the weapon from Y/N's hand, holding it in both of her hands and unsheathing the blade, revealing a shining crimson blade, a hint of dark green inside it with a black, bone-like hilt. 

Ruby: W-Why not give it to one of your teammates? I'm sure you trust them more than me.

Y/N: While that may be true in some ways, I think giving this to you would be the best course of action.  And who knows!  Maybe it'll bring us closer together!  A-As friends, of course.  

               She gazed at the blade again, smiling and unsheathing the dagger, pulling Y/N in for a hug.  Surprised by Ruby's sudden action, Y/N slowly hugged back.  After a few seconds, the two pulled away from each other, Y/N seeing Ruby's small blush across her face.

Ruby: I t-think I should head to bed now.  It's pretty late.

Y/N: Of course.  Sorry for keeping you.  Goodnight, Ruby.