Chapter 32: Artemis

(^^^ you'll meet that lovely lady later; I think you'll be able to assume who it is. Oh and you might find I changed the physical description of Laf's old girlfriend in chapter 28... no reason...)

Alex's POV

Me and John were dating. No matter how many times I told myself, I almost couldn't believe it; it seemed surreal. I had never dated before, so I had no idea how to 'date', but Eliza (I had talked to her immediately, of course) had assured me that it wasn't complicated at all, and that I was doing fine.

Her reaction, and that of her sisters, had been much less more... vociferous than our dorm mates. I was worried that the RA would come after us when Laf and Hercules found out.

*Flashback I guess lmao*

"Are you kidding me?" Hercules was shaking John by the shoulders, "How did you get a boyfriend before I did!?"

John looked genuinely embarrassed, but at Hercules' words he smirked. "If you tried..." he said suggestively, and I saw him glance over at the bed where Laf was sitting.

Hercules' cheeks reddened profusely and I couldn't help but smile myself even though Laf was chewing me out just as much. He was sitting in his top bunk while I was sitting in mine, screaming at me from the opposite side of the room.

"Je pensais que nous étions amis!" He exclaimed dramatically at me.

"Laf, j'ai dit désolé," I responded, but he only narrowed his eyes.

Several seconds later, an ACT prep book came hurdling my way, and I had to duck. "Watch the computer!" I called to him in English, moving my laptop to sit beside me, "This is why we can't have nice things!"

"Ne change pas de sujet, traitre!"

*End o' flashback*

That was a week ago already. Me and John had gone out to that same cafe several times, but nothing extravagant, but of course I didn't mind. Believe it or not, I hadn't had much experience with extravagance in the past.

It was, however, about to get much more exciting in dorm 51. Approximately one week later, there was a knock on our dorm room door. They knocked almost ten times in a rapid succession.

John's POV

It was a Saturday, and our group of four was content with relaxing in our dorm. I was with Alex in my bunk; he was working on something on his laptop, as always, but I found a way to lean against him, my arm around his waist. He smelt so good.

When several knocks echoed throughout the room, the four of us all turned to look at the door. "Who in the world would want to see us?" Hercules joked.

"Whoever they are," Alex began, "They seem quite eager to enter."

"I'll get it," I groaned, sitting up; Alex seemed relieved to finally be able to shift his position without disturbing myself.

I had my hand on the doorknob when I stopped. "What if it's a murderer?" I asked suspiciously to my roommates.

"Open. The. Door." Hercules told me.