3. The Dracs Won't Save You

"Take me, take me far away,
From this city's soul decay.
Hid away 'til I was eighteen,
Only saw colours on a TV screen.
Skinny jeans and sunglasses,
A fashion statement for the masses,
What you're doing makes me sick,
Over hyped and generic."

::All Those Friendly People- Funeral Suits::

*************************************************************

I woke up to the sound of nothing. My head was pounding from sleeping on the desert floor.

"Dylan, wake up, we have to keep moving." I shook my brother's shoulder.

"Mmmmmmmmhhhhhmm" He moaned.

"Now!" I shook him again.

"Jeez, okay, I'm awake." Dylan rubbed his eyes.

"We've gotta get to Zone 6 today. We also need food and water."

"I'm sure that the Fabulous Four will have some of that." Dylan commented dreamily.

"Don't be so quick to believe in them. They're rebels after all."

"But Sugar was super nice!"

"Yeah, one Killjoy was nice. We haven't met the rest of them. Anyways, lets get out of here."

We began our journey down the long and deserted highway.

My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten since yesterday's breakfast. We needed food, and we needed it fast.

My feet planted themselves to the pavement when I heard a vehicle driving down the highway. I turned around to see a sleek, white car coming towards us.

"Dylan, we have to run." I grabbed his little hand.

"I'm too tired to run." Dylan pleaded with me.

"DRACULOIDS!" I screamed. Five of them were approaching us.

' But wait, Dracs are good. They can help us.'

We were always taught in school that the Draculoids were programmed to help civilians in need. I smiled in relief as I watched them walk to us.

"Thank god you're here! We need help!" I called to them. My cry for help was answered with a ray beam whizzing past my ear. The Dracs were shooing.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed, reaching for the stolen Scarecrow gun in my pocket. I shot back at them, hitting one right in the chest.

My luck with shooting ran out when I felt a charge of pain ripple through my arm.

"FREIA NO!" Dylan cried out. I felt my back hit the ground.

This was it, we were dead.

At least I thought, until I heard them coming.

They wore masks, just like Sugar. They ran towards the scene of the fight. One of them made a grab for Dylan, who screamed in shock. I cried out too, begging them to let him go. I was greeted by the feeling of someones warm hand touching my arm.

"We need to get them back to the diner! Get them in the car and go!" A voice barked orders at its companions. I was loosing consciousness. My body went limp as I felt myself being lifted off of the ground. That was about all I could remember from that day. I blacked out once I felt my head hit the seat of a car.

                                                                                        ---