28. Look Down

I wasn't sure where I was. All I knew was that I wasn't home. The air was stale, with no spark of life lingering in its scent. I couldn't see anything. The Dracs had blindfolded me. I could move my arms and legs, and tried to crawl, only to realize that I was in some sort of box. I immediately ripped the blindfold off of my face, and observed my location. The walls were clear, and looked out into a hallway. It was small, and the floor was made of metal.

"What is this?" I asked myself, placing my hand against the glass walls. I stood up, my legs shaking. I had room to walk, but not much. I jumped backwards when two Scarecrows walked down the hallway, but they didn't pay any notice to me. When they were out of my sight, I slowly sunk my back against the wall, bringing my knees up to my chest. I sat in silence, realizing that there was no immediate escape. My mask, jacket and gun were missing, and I was left with my black jeans and grey t-shirt.

"Ah, you're awake."

I jolted my head around. Korse was standing next to me.

"How did you get in here?" I gasped, scooting away from him.

"Stupid girl, I used the door." He pointed to the glass wall behind him.

"There's no door." I furrowed my brow, standing up from my spot on the ground. Korse let out a low chuckle.

"I see the drugs are working."

'Drugs? What does he mean?'

"You better let me out of here right now." I demanded, my head beginning to feel light.

"Or what? You're friends are going to come and kill me?" Korse sneered.

'Oh no! They're still at the diner!" I remembered the Fabulous Four, probably worried sick. Not to mention Dylan and Missile. They must be out of their minds looking for me.

"What friends?" I asked innocently. There was no way I was going to tell Korse anything about them.

"Don't think I haven't been keeping an eye on you." Korse pulled his white gun out at me, pressing the end on my forehead. I recoiled in shock, my breaths quickening.

"Where is Party Poison?" He tilted his head, his eyes filled with violence.

"Party Poison? Who's Party Poison?" I gulped.

'You idiot! He's gonna kill you!'

Korse lowered his gun, growling in frustration.

"Play dumb all you want. I know what's been going on. You think you can hide just by changing your name and dying your hair? You can't hide anymore, because once your Killjoy friends get here, you'll all be dead." The Scarecrow leader spat.

I began to feel even more dizzy with every word he spoke.

"What's wrong with me?" My hands started shaking. Whatever drug Korse used on me, it was starting to affect me heavily.

"Oh, nothing too bad. It'll just drive you into severe insanity and cause you unbearable pain, but you'll live." Korse explained, disappearing from my vision.

I couldn't find the strength to speak anymore. I felt my body hit the cold metal floor with a sickening thud.

---

"It's okay, Atomic. I've got you."

I opened my eyes. Party lifted my tired body into my arms, and began to run through the hallways of Better Living Industries.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice was hardly audible.

"Korse almost killed you, but I got here in time. I'm taking you home." Party reassured me, keeping his pace.