37. Little One

Party came home really late that night, as there was a run-in with a massive patrol of Dracs.

"They just keep coming." He sighed, stretching out his limbs. I was lying in bed, staring at the wall.

"Val was there, can you believe it? He started shooting up the place, pretending that he's better than everyone." He ranted, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah." My voice was practically a whisper.

"Are you okay?" Party asked, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm just really tired." I forced a yawn.

"You sure?"

'No.'

"Yep."

Party furrowed his brow at me, only to shrug it off moments later.

"Anyways, how was your day?" He took his head away from my shoulder and lay down next to me.

"Predictable, as usual." I told him.

"Hey, so I think I found something out about Missile Kid."

I sat up.

"Well, finally. She's been here for months and we know nothing about her."

"She was in B.L.I headquarters for a reason. We think she's got some sort of power that she doesn't know about." Party explained. I rolled my eyes.

"Powers? As if."

"No, hear me out. She had a mother. Cola told us all this. I don't know how he knows, but he said that Missile's mom was a rebel in the Analogue Wars. She was killed by Dracs right after she gave birth to her daughter."

I rested my chin on my knee.

"That's so sad." I muttered, feeling awful for the little girl in the diner.

"Yeah, and we need to protect her. We've just been letting her hang around with us, but I've noticed an increase in Dracs. We need to keep her safe at all costs." Party told me.

"This is really sudden." I commented, lying back down.

"I would've liked to know this earlier." He agreed with me, scratching his neck.

"So, we protect her with our lives?"

"Pretty much." Party nodded. I sighed deeply.

'So much protecting to do out here.'

---

"I'm running up to Dead Pegasus. Anyone coming?" Party asked. Morning had come, and we were eating our miserable breakfast of water and Power Pup.

"I'm going to the chu-" I started, but Kobra quickly interrupted.

"Me and Atomic want to go."

I shot him a glare, only to be reciprocated by the same look.

"Perfect. Jet, Ghoul, you can take care of the kids, right?" Party asked the two men.

"Wow, what an honor." Jet rolled his eyes.

"Thanks." Party grinned widely, teasing his friend.

"Let's get going." Kobra shot up from the table. I huffed in frustration, following the two men out of the diner.

"Why such a downer?" Kobra elbowed me.