Why Why Why

Lacey

Hey guys I'm Lacey Mosley, I'm in a band called Flyleaf, we've been a band for a nearly a year and it's pretty fun. But it's weird being the only girl. I'm gonna tell you the story of how I started dating the most annoying person ever.

-----------------------------
A year ago

Band members are Pat, Sameer, Jared, and James. I'm 22 years old (in real life 35 using younger photos) at a whopping 4'11 from Arlington, Texas.

Jared: Lace!

Me: What?!

Jared: We gotta get to the van for a record signing!

Me: Ughhh

We were going to crash in the bus at RCA records to see if they'd sign us. I was grabbing snacks and clothes so we can crash in our circa 1980s ford camper van. It was so rundown and rusty. We traveled for a gig and small tour in this thing. We waited a week in there. It was cramped and it was cold, we had the heat cranking up. I couldn't breath though. I had a feeling we wear gonna die so I was climbing over everyone to open the window because ya know. Carbon monoxide kills.

Finally we get sent up to the office and meet with the label. Unfortunately we didn't get signed but a man from Octane records sneaked in and wanted to sign us so we still made it! We began touring soon after and luckily, they bought us an actual tour bus.

Our big tour was the Vans Warped Tour, I was nervous. We just released our self-titled album Flyleaf, and I'm hoping I remember the words. We arrived at the venue and I noticed a ton of RVs parked near each other so we all joined them. Walking out the door a lot of guys stared at us, stared at me. Walking towards me.

"That's so cute, a tiny little girl in a rock band? How tall are you?" a guy said didn't realize who it was until I saw his face. It was Kellin from SWS. "I'm 4'11, what's it to ya?" "Nothing nothing. Just curious. Name's Kellin Quinn" "Lacey. Lacey Mosley. This is our band, Flyleaf."

"Hi there midget" pops up Andy from BVB. God they suck, not to start a rival but my opinion. "Wow rude much?" "I'm sorry did I anger you? You gonna have a fit?" "Okay who in God's name are you" "Andy,  Bier- "I don't care. If you don't have respect for a woman then leave."
"Ohhhhh shitttt" was all I heard from the guys. "Okay pop sensat-" "Rock sensation. Get it right asshole" Pat comes in to save the day.

Pat: Hey um what's going on?

Kellin: Just an encounter with Andy Biersack

Andy: Hiya

Pat: Dude I fucking love you!

"I can't believe this" I mumbled and I ran off to the nearest HEB. "Orange juice orange juice orange juice- aha!" A hand takes the last orange juice... "Hey! I was gonna get that!" "Haha well too bad!" Said the blue haired guy. "Dude take it easy. She's only a kid." Said the cute brown haired guy. "Fineeee. I'm sorry. Here I have four anyways." Blue haired boy said. "Thanks y'all too kind." "I'm Awten" said blue haired "Geoff" said the cute one "Otto" said the poodle. "Holy Christ that dog can talk" Otto rolled his eyes.

Geoff: You are?

Me: Lacey Mosley. And I'm not a kid. I'm 22 years old.

Geoff: Oh sorry.

Awsten: K. I'm just gonna tak-

I glared at him

Awsten: Never mind. I couldn't help notice your accent, Texas?

Me: Yeah.

Geoff: Sweet! We're from there too!

Me: Yeah raised in Arlington.

Otto: Summer vacation?

Me: Um...no.

Awsten: Moved! That's it!

Me: Nope.

"What is it?" Geoff said impatiently. "Warped Tour" "You couldn't wait until the Texas one?" Otto asked. "You guys don't get it?" I asked confused. They all shocked their heads no. "I'm in the tour. I'm touring with my band Flyleaf"

Their jaws hung opened. "That's so cool omg! We're gonna be best friends! We're touring too!" Awsten said excitedly while hugging me. "I gotta get back for sound check. I don't know how to get bac-" "I'll walk you. You guys go find some food for later. " Geoff bumped in. I paid for the orange juice and walked off with Geoff. We made it back 20 minutes before sound check so we decided to hang in my tour bus.

"Ahhh new bus smell" he inhaled. "Gross" "I know it's too early but can I have your number?" "Yeah sure. We're just friends right?" "Aha, I wanted to ask you out" "Aha no. We just met and I'm totally not interested." He shook it and it was just awkward. "I gotta go for sound check." We both walked out and headed to the stage. Geoff met the boys and so did Awsten and Otto. "I didn't ask what your band was." "Waterparks" he replied wrapping an arm around me. He smelt good haha.

Once our equipment were set I was handed the mic and the set list.

Fully Alive
Breath Today
Perfect
Red Sam
Cassie
There For You
Broken Wings
I'm So Sick
All Around Me

After going through the sound check/rehearsal I looked at Waterparks, then popped Kellin, and the asshole Andy all jaw dropped. "Yeah I scream" I spoke into the microphone. I put the mic in the stand and headed to the tour bus.

Andy: Hey! Wait up!

Me: What

Andy: I'm here to apologize. I totally underestimated you. You were awesome.

He hugged me. "Thanks" I muffled into his abdomen, short people problems.

"Lacey!" I turned around and here comes Waterparks. "You were amazing!" Awsten said hugging me again. "You were so sick" Otto said high fiving me. I gave him the straightest face ever. "Bad pun" I simply said, a pair of hands picked me up "Stop put me down!" "You were amazing cutie pie" ugh not now Geoff. "Geoff, I swear to God, put me down now or you'll get kicked in the balls" "Well I guess I'll take the pain then" he said kissing me on the lips. I blushed but stood my ground, I kicked him in the balls and he fell. I walked away from them shouting "Not in a million years Geoff!"

Heading back to the tour bus I washed up getting ready for bed until there was a knock. I opened the door and of course it was Waterparks...they weren't kidding being best friends. "Sleep over!!!!!" Awsten said bringing in snacks, Otto with movies, and ugh Geoff with the blankets and pillows. "Do you want my friends in it to-

Them: No!

Awsten: Wowww salty.

I led them to the living area and they crashed in there. Awsten and Otto sat together leaving Geoff alone. I sat a seat away but he pulled me in for a cuddle. But I was too tired. Why why why???? I don't like you!

Geoff: Wow you're not fighting it

Me: Shut up fuckboy. I'm trying to sleep.

My eyes soon closed shut. Can't wait for this tour to end.