Chapter 2 • Lactose Intolerance •

"Babe, do you know where my boot is?!"

I heard Harry shout from the bedroom. I was in the kitchen, boxing up some brownies for his mother. Anne had flew in from London last night and insisted on staying at a hotel. Even though we told her numerous times she could stay here, she kindly refused stating she was fine. Robin didn't come in with her this time, so she was going to be hitting the shops. Plus she was only about twenty five minutes away.

Taking a look at the box, I realized there should be more, but Harry kept sneaking some. I'll blame it on him.

"Which ones, you have about fifty pairs?" I shouted back to him.

Harry came walking in the kitchen dressed in black skinny jeans and a fitted maroon shirt that had black swirls on it, along with his signature look of a few buttons opened showing his cross necklace.

"My silver ones. Well, the left one." He points down at his feet.

I looked and saw he had on the right one. Too bad he didn't lose both I thought to myself smiling. The man had awful taste in shoes.

"No baby, I have no idea where it's at. Did you check your studio, or the lounge room?" I finished boxing the brownies and was pulling a bag out to put them in when I could see Harry from the corner of my eye trying to open the box. 

"Harry, Hands out! Save some for your poor mother!" I said smacking his hand away. That man had a sweet tooth. I don't know how he could get away with eating sweets the way he did and not gain an ounce. It was so unfair. My thighs would expand. Harry worked out because he enjoyed it. I, on the other hand worked out so I didn't look like a blow fish.

"Ouch, that hurt!" He rubbed his hand looking like a scorned child. "Did you get to eat one? You're mean, and grumpy today and chocolate always helps."

"I am not grumpy today. And no, I didn't eat one because someone couldn't keep their filthy hands off and then there would be none left for your mother," I tried to look offended but failed when a smile broke out on my face. "Besides, it would go straight to my ass, and I have no time for the treadmill today."

He walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You know I love your ass. Your curves drive me crazy," he snuggled his nose in my neck.

I wasn't what you would consider
overweight, but I wasn't skinny either. I mean, I am Latin so no matter how much I work out there are just some parts of my body that will be rounder than others. I had a little pudge on my stomach and I was ok with that. Sure I still had some insecurities like any other woman, but he always made me feel beautiful no matter what.

"I know babe," I turned my head around to kiss his lips. "We should really get going though, your mother is expecting us soon for lunch."

"My shoe woman, what have you done with it? I know you never liked my choice of footwear. I can't go out looking like this."