six

WARNING: THERE ARE MENTIONS OF SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE READING IT, PLEASE SKIP TO THE AUTHORS NOTE WHERE ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED. ALSO, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE, PLEASE SEEK HELP!

THEY RUSHED TO the hospital, all contemplating what could've happened with Malia

THEY RUSHED TO the hospital, all contemplating what could've happened with Malia. Even Riley couldn't look on the bright side of this. As soon as they got to the hospital, Erica ran straight to her sister's room, with her friends close behind.

As she approached Malia's door, she suddenly stopped. For the first time in a long time, she was afraid. She didn't know what could be behind that door, if anything. Her friends brushed past her, so caught up in what was going on they didn't even realize she was standing there. All except Lucas.

"Erica, you okay?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah." Erica said, not taking her eyes off the door. "Totally fine."

"What's bothering you?" Lucas asked.

"I'm afraid." Erica admitted. "What if she's dying?"

"If she is, would you wanna spend some of her last moments out here, instead of by her side?" Lucas asked.

"No." Erica said. "I wanna be holding her hand."

"Then go hold it." Lucas said, gesturing to the door.

Erica slowly opened it, shocked by what she saw.

It was Malia.

Sitting up.

Talking.

"Erica!" Malia exclaimed.

"What happened?" Erica asked.

"Erica," Maya said. "She's back."

"What?" Erica asked.

"She got her memory back." Riley said.

"That's impossible." Erica said. "The doctors said if she didn't have it back by now, she'll never get it back."

"It was a miracle." The doctor said. "We had lost almost all hope that she would get it back, until she was sleeping, and she started yelling a girl named Erica's name, and she kept saying things about Erica that we knew had to have been memories."

"You're back?" Erica asked Malia.

"And I'll never leave you again."

MALIA AND ERICA had officially moved into the Minkus' house, and they were happier than ever. Malia was going to physical and emotional therapy, and slowly going back to her goofy self.