*10*

They arrived at the concert hall, entered through a back door, and were taken to Prince's dressing room via a golf cart. Emma assumed, correctly, that this was a joint saving measure for Prince, though she didn't think he would admit it if she asked.

The dressing room was familiar, and Kim and Cathy were there, as well. They greeted Emma warmly, and Prince remarked, 'Hey, I don't want to see any conspiracies growing here!' The women looked at each other and laughed. 'No worries there,' Emma replied. 'These are some great gals-it was nice to spend time with them today!'

'I hope they didn't let any secrets slip,' Prince directed that remark to his two employees in a very stern tone of voice. They just shook their heads.

In unison, the shook index fingers back and forth as they replied, 'Uh, Uh, Uh, boss! You know us better than that!'

Prince laughed out loud. 'Y'all three are a mess! I should know better than to try to go up against you. Girls, after we get me ready, when I leave to join the band, would you please show Emma where the backstage sofa is? I want her to have a unique view tonight.'

'Sure, boss, whatever you say,' Kim replied. 'Now, let's get you ready.'

'Would you like me to leave now?' Emma asked. 'I don't want to interfere.'

'Nonsense,' said Prince. 'You stay right where I can look at you.'

So that's what she did. It was fascinating to see Prince choose his outfits for the show, get his hair styled (Kim said the 'fro was so much easier to work with than his previous, more complicated styles, but it grew REALLY FAST!), go from his regular makeup to stage makeup, and just generally get glammed up. Emma just sat and soaked it all in, thinking how different this was than the performances she'd been a part of, where she was in charge of her own hair and makeup, usually changing in a crowded dressing room, or even a communal bathroom. Performers at Prince's level really did live in a different world.

Finally, he walked over, sat down next to her, and said to Kim and Cathy, 'Girls, could you give us a minute alone? Emma will be right out.' Kim and Cathy smirked and said, 'Sure, boss, whatever you say!' They winked at Emma, and stepped out of the dressing room, closing the door.

Prince pulled Emma closer and said, 'I don't know when I've had a harder time just sitting and looking at a woman without touching her. My hands kept twitching, wanting to touch you here'- a finger traced Emma's collarbone-'and here'-a palm cupped Emma's jaw-'and here'-both hands reached around Emma's shoulders, drawing her in for a passionate kiss that grew more intoxicating with each sigh or moan that came from Emma or Prince.

Breaking off the passionate embrace, Prince gave her a final quick peck on the lips, and said, 'See you out there. I hope you get to meet some friends of mine tonight. They said they'd be here, but travel schedules can get a little weird, so we'll see.

'I do have one cue for you. If you hear me say, 'Somebody come dance with me!', that means I'm expecting you on the stage to dance, as well as a few folks who've done this before, and my backup singers. You won't be the only guest out there dancing. I'm looking forward to some sexy moves; dance close to me so I can check you out!' With that, he spun on his light up heels and was out the door.

'Whew,' Emma remarked, as she followed him into the backstage area, finding Kim and Cathy. 'it's sort of like being in the middle of the whirlwind when he's like this.'

'Yeah,' Kim said. 'When he's gearing up to perform, we just say yes and stay out of the way.'

Then the girls took her around to the side stage sofa. Emma could see why Prince would use a golf cart, it was a very long walk. The sofa was large, and there was room for multiple people.