*14*

Emma got settled in the VIP area, and realized she was, as her mama would have said, in some 'high cotton'. There were big celebrities in attendance sitting in this area, not just music people. Once again, she felt more than a little outclassed, but the way she was dressed she fit right in. Proof that Prince's fashion sense was as perfect as he maintained. Emma didn't try to start a conversation with anyone, and no one tried to start one with her. She just sat in her little bubble of joy and waited for the concert to begin.

The show was different in style from the previous nights, with similarities in the setlist. It was a funk/rock oriented show, and Prince spent a lot more time on his guitar and keyboards, which thrilled Emma. Getting to see that level of artistry live was amazing. In the middle of everything, Emma came to a realization-'That's MY man up there.' When it came time for the solo piano part of the evening, Emma realized Prince could look at her whenever he wanted from his vantage point at the keyboards he'd be playing. She figured she'd better be ready for anything at that point.

Prince launched into the most romantic set she'd heard him do yet. Every song melded seamlessly into the next, creating a very sexy and electric atmosphere in the hall. Then he played the introduction to the song she'd been unconsciously awaiting for days, 'Somewhere Here on Earth,' a song about someone longing for a soulmate. The imagery in the lyrics was so clear, it was almost like pictures painted in front of you.

Emma thought they'd reached the end of the set, but Prince had one more surprise. She heard the intro to 'A case of You', and knew this was a message directly for her, that perhaps the entire set had been designed with their budding relationship in mind. She knew from experience that sometimes it was easier to communicate strong feelings through song lyrics, and Prince had a history of doing just that. Emma stood in the VIP section with the rest of the crowd, swaying back and forth in time to the music, occasionally closing her eyes while the emotions and memories of the past 48 hours swirled around in her head. Every time she opened her eyes during that last song, Prince was still looking straight at her. She met his eyes and let her expression be completely unguarded, so he could see everything she was feeling. Emma thought he was pretty good at reading her face by that point, anyway.

When the set had finished, and the applause and cheers began, the same woman with the clipboard came back, and quietly asked Emma to come with her. Emma followed her back to the dressing room, and sat and waited again just as she had two nights before. Suddenly the door opened and in bounded Damaris, smiling from ear to ear. She flung herself down next to Emma and asked, 'Okay, when's the wedding? That was about the most romantic thing I've ever witnessed. I was watching you, and your face spoke volumes.' Her long, lanky arms were waving everywhere to punctuate her dramatic pronouncements.

Emma just laughed. 'Damaris, you've jumped way ahead, honey! That was about the most romantic thing I've ever witnessed, too. I'm sitting here trying to process everything I just saw and heard. I'm thankful Prince thought to have me brought back here afterward, so I had a little privacy.'

'Oh, is that a subtle cue for me to leave?' Damaris teased.

'Yes, it is,' Prince said, grinning as he entered the room. He helped Damaris to her feet, gave her a kiss on the forehead, put his hat on her head and said, 'Tell the band no more encores tonight. We'll see you later.' Damaris wiggled her fingers at Emma on her way out of the room, and mouthed, 'Let me know the date!' Emma laughed out loud.

Prince pulled her to her feet, and asked, 'What's so funny?' Emma replied, 'Damaris was being silly.' Prince kissed her while his hands roamed up and down her back, giving her bum a squeeze, leaving his hand back there to continue massaging her bum. Breaking the kiss, he said, 'So, did you like your personal set?'