twenty one: explosion

Summer vacation arrived and I was struggling to find some inner peace. So many things were on my mind, from scholarship applications to my mom's sudden surgery, to figuring out a summer job. Summer brought more stress than I imagined. 

It was a good six months since I last saw you. I wanted so badly to understand why you left and where you went. But, eventually I realized that asking questions I knew would remain unanswered would only cause more uncertainty in my thoughts and...in my heart.

It took me a while, however, soon I learned to accept it. You weren't coming back. 

But...I was wrong.

It was the middle of July. The weather was nice that day, a cool breeze traveled across the ocean's shoreline. Not to hot, not too cool. Just perfect. I inhaled deeply, allowing the sun's blinding rays to linger on my face. I closed my eyes, listening to the sound of frivolous chatter among the passing people as it clashed with the music playing from booths and the crashing of the waves. I smiled softly, whispering a silent prayer that my mom's recovery would be fast and she would remain healthy. I hoped deeply, that she would stop crying so much and appreciate the pictures I took of our favorite place, the ocean. Despite the chaos and utter mess I was, at that moment, I found a reassuring silence in my solitude.  

Thank you heavens, for the ocean.

As I opened my eyes, I felt refreshed and relaxed. My smile grew wide as I caught a small child chase her father's hand..."Dad! Wait up!" She called. I remember how cute she looked and how her eyes sparkled as she looked at her father. It was then that I saw her father's face clearly. At first I couldn't recognize the face, but something urged me to look again. 

It was you. 

My face froze and so did my breath. We made eye contact for a split second, I swear I saw you smile, but you turned around too quickly for me to reassure your expression. 

I saw you. And my heart exploded after six months. 

Is this how it ends? 

Maybe I was just being delusional. Stress. Just stress.

But I swore it was you, I couldn't miss your soft eyes, even in a crowd of a hundred people. Those were your eyes I saw. 

I missed you, truly. 

I wanted to see you again. Even if it would only be another split second.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HI GUYS. NOTE this chapter is UNEDITED I REPEAT IT IS NOT PERFECT DON't hate me please.  ;) I just wanted to update before school starts again bc i know i'm bad with updating especially with dance and school and everything. but i truly appreciate all the votes and comments, i love reading the comments and they truly make my day. some of you are hilarious i love it. anyways hang on there guys, i can't make promises but when i do get the time i'll try to keep my stories going. feel free to contact me or comment your thoughts!!!!!

always, 

R.F.