twenty five: inevitable

Loving you became the inevitable. I hated it.

When you came to my house and told me you wanted your shirt back. I loved you. When I saw you and her walking with your child, guiltily, I loved you. When I saw you bend on one knee to ask her hand in marriage at the young age of 19, I loved you. When you asked if we could be friends again, I loved you. When you found out your wife cheated on you and you came crying on your knees, I loved you. When you found out the child wasn't yours but you still wanted the child in your life, I loved you. When you went back to your wife, I loved you. When she repeatedly cheated on you, yet you still went back to her, I loved you. When, at the age of 21 you ran away again, I loved you.

Kim Taehyung, there was never a moment in which my heart failed to pound for you. And to this day, it still does. Because no matter how hard I try, it's inevitable, loving you. This is why I cannot meet you. Because I cannot dwell on this feeling or allow it to grow. I must simply allow its intensity to subside. Although it may never go away, I can live satisfied with the small seed of pain it amounts to.

Please never contact me again.
I love you.

Goodbye.