Chapter 13

Arthur's POV

Enchanted by her beauty and delicacy, I stood staring at my kitten for several seconds before kneeling before her. I touched her shoulder and lightly shook her. As her eyes slowly opened I felt guilty for waking a sleeping angel. "Good morning babygirl. How did you sleep." I asked softly.

She opened her mouth and let out an adorable yawn before answering. "It was alright." She whispered sleepily. A smile graced my lips. "I'm glad to hear it little one. It's time to get up though."

She scrunched up her face before sitting up. Two seconds later she was on her front with her sexy ass in the air stretching like a cat. Moments later she flipped on her back and stretched out her limbs and fingers and toes as far as the would go. Then she relaxed completely and stayed still with her eyes closed.

"Come on baby." I gently urged. She opened her eyes and pierced me with an intense gaze. Coldness crept into my heart and veins. "I heard you talking last night with Charlotte." She said almost emotionlessly but there was something in her voice that I couldn't quite identify. I couldn't lose her she was everything to me.

"Faw-"

"I don't know what to think. When you were spanking me it hurt but I also liked it, that's something that never happened with Sam. You also take care of me in ways that no one else has like with the night lights and feeding me properly. But now I don't know if you just did that because you want me to stay and not because you really care."

"I do want you to stay and I do care about you.

"I don't know if I can trust you."

"No, please Fawn. I'm sorry. I have... tendencies that I can't help but I...I love you. I need you. Please. I'm not like that bastard."

I reached out to touch her but she just leaned away. It broke my heart. But you deserve this. You're a monster.

"Th-thank you for you're hospitality but I need to think about this...alone."

"I understand. I'll be in my study if you need me, it's connected to my room. There's breakfast downstairs. I just cooked it so it should still be warm."

I stood up and left. When I reached the door I turned to look at her but all I saw was the bathroom door closing. I sighed and closed the door behind me. Fear and sadness crept into my heart as I made my way to my study. As soon as I sat behind my desk my phone rang. Immediately I picked it up.

"Speak."

"I found a list of people in the area by the name of Sam Knowles. I emailed you a list with descriptions."

I quickly opened my laptop and checked my email. I found the one he sent and opened it.

"I also found out about the girl Fawn Baronè. She has been reported missing about two years ago. Her mother left early on. She married a wealthy man, Grayson, but they divorced two years ago. He didn't leave her anything. She died in an apartment fire six months ago. Her father became an alcoholic after his daughter went missing. He was hit by a bus in a drunken stupor and died a year and a half ago. The daughter unfortunately is still missing."

As he spoke I read though the list. Four of them were teenagers, one was an old man in a retirement home, and the other was a poor man living in a shabby apartment complex with a wife and four children. It couldn't possibly be any of those people. I growled and cursed. Maybe he had an alias and that's the name she saw on his mail but that only made things extremely difficult. I hung up the phone and put my head in my hands. Fuck!

Fawn's POV

After I finished brushing my teeth and taking a shower I went to my closet and tried to find my old clothes. Despite looking everywhere I couldn't find them so I decided to wear the most simple outfit I could find. I put on a romper with a bow, thigh highs, and boots. Everything was pink but I didn't mind.

I was going to take Sir Gwaine but decided to let him stay. It was a nice house and he would love it here. I also wanted to leave him because I had to be a grown up and take care of myself. I couldn't depend on other people anymore.

I crept out of the house a discretely as possible. Each step down the driveway towards the gate cracked my heart but I kept going. I wasn't going to let another Sam fool me with kind words only to hurt me again. The gate wouldn't but the bars were wide enough to let me though, I hadn't gained that much wait while I was here either.

Once I was on the other side I took a deep breath before looking both ways. Right or left? Was it right to have left him?

Ok this is the last update for a while. I just randomly felt inspired and pushed out this chapter in minutes but don't expect it to happen again. Also sorry about the even bigger cliffhanger, you people don't deserve this kind of treatment for me.