Prologue

Prologue 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

Jenna's P.O.V 

This chapter has been edited. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

I sighed as I sat down on one of the chairs of Bourbon Street, a local pub near my apartment. One of those bartenders came to me holding a menu before saying to me in a bored voice: 

"Welcome to Bourbon Street. What would you like today?"  

"Vodka," I told him. He looked at me with a funny stare and said to me in a baby voice. 

"Aren't you too young to have alcohol?"  

I clenched my teeth and drummed my fingers, a habit that I got from a close friend of mine. I looked him in the eyes before I felt mine dilate. 

"Give me a cup of vodka, keep it free, and keep it coming," I told him with a calm voice. 

He nodded slowly as he started to serve me my vodka. I drank it all in one drink as he started to pour me another one. 

"So what brings you to New Orleans?" he asked me as a conversation starter. 

I sighed as I gulped another one. "I'm trying to decide if I should do what my best friend said and go find my brothers again. Plus I live near here."  

It was true. Katherine, my second choice best friend, came to me today to ask me a favor. Go to Mystic Falls, find my brothers, and look out for her doppelganger.  

He poured me another one as he continued our talk, "Why don't you want to find them?" 

"We had a huge fight years ago," I said gulping another cup. 

"So?" he asked. "That was years ago. Why are you still hesitant?" 

"My brothers can hold a grudge for a long time. Especially my twin," I said looking down at my hands. That was also true. One time I broke Stefan's precious toy and he didn't talk to me for 2 months and yet he was oh so forgiving to big brother Damon. 

"You have a twin?" he asked. 

"Yeah, but I look more like my older brother. Or so people say," I said gulping my vodka down. "So what should I do?" 

Good job Jenna, asking advice from random bartenders. What's next talking to inanimate objects? 

"Honestly?" he sighed. "I think you should meet up with them. They're your family. If I still had my family I would spend eternity with them." 

I thought it over and sighed. Maybe he was right. They were my family and my only family left. I guess I have been selfish. 

I put down the glass and fished out my wallet. "Thanks Mark." 

"Technically it's Jason," he says shaking his blonde head. 

"Sorry all bartenders I know are named Mark," I said shrugging with a cheeky grin. 

"You say it as if all bartenders are named Mark," he said chuckling. 

"Maybe they are," I say before I walked out the door leaving a $20 bill on the counter. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I found my blue car in the empty and dark parking lot. I climbed in and started the engine. 

"Had fun?" a British voice said from next to me. 

I sighed as I ran my hands through my hair. I looked at my best friend, Crystal Cullen who managed to sneak into my car. 

"Not really. All I did was ramble to a bartender and asked for his advice about what Katherine told me to do," I told her, starting to drive away. 

"Why are you here?" I asked her. 

She avoided my eyes as she looked out the window, "I'm leaving." 

I stepped on the brake harshly before asking her sharply. 

"Excuse me?" I screamed. "Why?" She flinched as she tucked a strand of her frizzy brown hair behind her. 

"I know that you are going back to your brothers. Even if you deny it," she tells me adding the last part quickly when I opened my mouth to deny it.  

"B-b-but," I stuttered looking at her helplessly. "You can't leave me! I need you to keep me calm! You're the one with the powers here!" 

"Hey Jen," she said softly. "You'll be fine. And plus I'm pretty sure that your brothers have gotten over it by now." 

I didn't dare argue. Crystal has the power of Premonition. It's the power to see the past, present, or future. She can time travel but she can't change anything nor interfere just watch what's happening. At an extent, she knows how to stop time itself, but it normally drains her power. 

"Are you sure?" I asked her in a small voice. 

She put a hand on my hand before smiling at me. "Very, I'll miss you guys."  

"We'll miss you too!" A boy's voice rang throughout the car. We turned around and stared at a smiling Axel. 

"You stupid wanker! What the bloody hell are you doing in the back of the car?!" Crystal yelled. Axel's smile faltered. 

"I snuck in with you," he said. "Don't you remember? I was going to tell Jenna I was leaving too." 

"You're leaving?!" I yelled this time. Axel winced before nodding. 

"Sorry, Jen, but I just got a message from my mother. She told me I had to do something for her right now. I really am sorry," he said. 

"It's fine," I told him. I sniffed as I looked at my two best friends. 

"I'll miss you guys. I guess this is the end of the Magic Trio," I told them. The two looked appalled. 

"Of course not!" they protested.  

"We'll always be the Magic Trio, and don't you forget it," Crystal scolded. Axel nodded before I sniffled and hugged them both. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Hey guys! It's me here. So I know that you guys saw that wonderful green check on the side of the Forgotten Cullen. Yes, I finished the book and I really want to do the same thing for this one! Hope you guys like the prequel because there is seriously two more for this! 

- Love, jellybean_anan