Chapter 4: The Grill

This chapter has been edited √

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

Jenna's P.O.V 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

I jumped down the last pair of stairs startling my cat, Jenkins. She looked at me with blue unblinking eyes and I stared back with the same look. She finally blinked making me smirk in victory. I put my black hair into a ponytail before grabbing my bag and keys and headed to my car. 

It was the next day and I woke up with no one in the house but me. It turns out Stefan goes to school and Damon is at a place called 'Mystic Grill'. Seriously, who comes up with these names? I turned on the radio and found out that Damon replaced my CD's with Elvis Presley songs. 

You can shake an apple off an apple tree 

Shake-a, shake- sugar, 

But you'll never shake me 

Uh-uh-uh 

No-sir-ee, uh, uh 

I'm gonna stick like glue, stick because I'm 

Stuck on you 

I turned off my radio as I stopped in front of the green building. It even looks lame and tacky from the outside. Let's just hope the inside's better. I got out of my car and ignored all the stares that I got. I can't blame them. After all, I am super-hot. 

The minute I walked into the grill, the first thing I saw was booze. I licked my lips eagerly as I walked quickly to the booth and called for the waiter. 

"Can I have Vodka?" I asked childishly as I stared at the bottle. The bartender raised a brow at me and looked me up and down. 

"Sorry miss, you have to be at least 21 or older to drink," he says. I roll my eyes before I looked into his. 

"You will give me the vodka, free of charge," I compelled. His eyes dilated for a moment before he stiffly went to get my drink. I smiled in victory before I heard a laugh from behind me. I turned around to see a smirking Damon. 

"I guess those lessons in the 20's helped you a bit, huh?" he asked me. I rolled my eyes as the waiter came back with my drink. 

"I learned this from Katherine, not you," I answer as I drank my vodka. Damon looked at me with that confused look of his and I suddenly remembered that Katherine was supposed to be stuck in a tomb. 

"I mean you know what kind of a bitch she is. If she wasn't in that tomb then she would've taught me this trick," I covered up quickly with a nervous laugh. Damon raised a brow at me but a quick glare at him made him drop the topic. 

"So, this is the "Mystic Grill", huh?" I asked as I looked around. It looked like any of the restaurants/bars that I've seen. In fact, I've seen better in the streets of Japan.  

"Sadly, yes," he answers as he noticed the disappointed glint in my eyes. "But they serve great booze." 

I nodded at him. I raised my vodka as a toast and he smirked as he raised his bourbon. 

"To a family reunion," he says. I nod my head as I drank my shot of vodka and he drank his bourbon. 

"If only Stefan was here," I say as I look up the stage where the music was playing. Damon must've caught my look because he smirked at me when I turned around.