Part 8: Elijah

Welp, let's start with my name...

I'm Elijah. But I'm mostly called Markie or Ly.

I was raised as a normal kid I guess. I had 6 siblings at the time. 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Plus my parents.

So, it was a full house all the time.I just wanted to play with my brothers as they were making a wizard fantasy. I'd always be the warrior.

My sisters would always try to do my hair, do my makeup, and paint my nails pink. I loathed it. I never really got to WHEN they asked me to be a princess. When they asked me to be the prince, I simply responded "no." They shrugged, responding "then you can be the warrior"

It was actually really fun tbh. Then school started for me. Girls sat on one side of the room while the boys on the other. I KNEW I didn't feel like a boy, but I didn't feel like a girl either.I just sat on the floor in the middle of the room, not knowing where else to go. "What are you talking about? There's plenty of spots with the other little girls." the teacher responded.

All the kids pointed and laughed at me. I didn't care one bit. Then the teacher walked in."Emily...Why are you on the floor" She asked. "Because there's nowhere else to go." I responded casually."But...I'm not a girl." I said. My teacher looked at me, eyes wide. "...You may sit with the boys if you like then. "...But I'm not a boy." Tears formed in my eyes as I nodded, going over to the girls.

The teacher rolled her eyes while all the other students laughed. "Very funny, Emily. "But I'm not-"Go with the other girls, where you belong"