Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(The Sassy and Fabulous Becky --->)

Ben’s POV

As soon as I reached home and just barely had time to close and lock the door, my phone rang. Pulling it out of my pocket, I looked at it to find that it was Becky calling.

Quickly putting my bag on the bar stool that was in front of the small breakfast bar, which was as equally as small as the kitchen in my apartment, I slid the call bar on my phone, officially answering it.

“What’s up Becky?” I said walking down the hall to my bedroom, taking off my shoes with no plans of going anywhere for the rest of the day, even if it was only 12, noon.

“Stop walking to your room and come open the door for me!” She said shortly before I heard a ponding on my door. Before I could respond back to her, she ended the call.

How is it that that girl always knew when I got home? … Oh that’s right, she lived right next door and was constantly listening for me. I swear she was my fan girl stalker!

Turning back around, I headed for the door and opened it.

“Hey Benny Boo, how are you doing?” She said as she walked in, and sat in the other bar stool that was next to my bag.

“What are you doing home? Shouldn’t you be in class?” I said scolding at her.

“Well, a hello to you too!” She said, grinning her ass off. I immediately became afraid of her. She always had some kind of secret motive that involved her and me going out when she wore that grin.

“Hi Becky. Now, back to my previous question. Why aren’t you in class?” I said, leaning against the couch to take off my shoes and socks.

“I didn’t feel like going. I woke up today and felt like it should be a free day for me! … Plus it was canceled!” She said jumping off of the stool and walking over the fridge, pulling out a can of regular Coke.

“Okay. I’ll be right back.” I yelled over my shoulder as I entered my room to put my socks in the hamper and my shoes in my closet.

“I have some news I need to tell you. And I think you might like it.” She yelled out as I heard her high heels clicking on the hard wood floors.

“Becky,” I whined out, “I not going out clubbing with you tonight! I plan on staying home and having a movie marathon.” I shouted out to her. “Especially after the day I had.” I whispered to myself.

“That’s not what I was going to say boo. Now get your butt out here.” I dragged myself out to the living room and, essentially, dropped on to the couch facing away form the kitchen and in front on my TV.

“So what’s your news?” I was hesitant to ask. Knowing her, she had some crazy plan that would involve me doing something that I wasn’t comfortable with; being social. It never was my thing.

“Well, I set you up on a blind date” Becky said as she sat her butt on the arm of the couch looking down at her nails, a huge smile on her face.

“Wait, what. Run that by me one more time.” Oh lord, please tell me I didn’t hear her correctly.

“You have a blind date in two days at the new Black Angus Steak House down the street.” Yep, thought so!

“Becky Angela Peterson, what the hell is wrong with you?” I shouted at her. I brought my fingers up to the bridge of my nose and squeezed trying to calm my nerves and anger. Could this day get any worse? I thought to myself.