Meeting the monster

Violet

A thick layer of cotton candy sticks to the corners of my mind and refuses to move. The pain in my head almost feels like a chisel shooting straight into my brain. I open my heavy eyelids a crack to reveal a bright light. I wince as I feel my headache worsen upon the arrival of unnecessary brightness. I screw my eyes shut and the only thing going through my mind is the unbearable pain penetrating my skull. I wait in agony to see if the throbbing had subsided. Which lucky for me it had. Then the nausea began to set in. The fact that I had been kidnapped not once settling the roaring sea in my stomach but rather upsetting it even more. My breathing becomes labored as I count the number of infinite possibilities of what this man could want with someone like me. The last thing I remember seeing before drifting into darkness was a pair of piercing grey eyes. The clearest most beautiful eyes you had ever seen. Too bad he's a psychopath. I try to move my fingers and as I do they come in contact with a cold metal surface. Shivers ran down my spine as I registered that I was in handcuffs. I revealed my eyes to the ominous looking room. It was decrepit looking and dingy. Wallpaper was peeling off the old rickety walls, every time I would remotely shift my weight I was met with a symphony of creaks and shudders. To say the least the room wasn't what I would call a mood-lightener. The squeaky wooden door opened as my heart rate increased. I pulled desperately at the cuffs hoping they would loosen just a little bit. All I could see was the silhouette of a manly figure. My heart rate increased twenty times faster since he was a male. That would mean he's much stronger than me and can gain control easier. I could never overpower him since by the looks of it he's about twice my size. He takes long slow strides that would be considered graceful, but in this context they are all together fear inducing. As he nears the light his facial features began to appear one by one. Grey eyes. Dark hair. Sharp jawline. I could already picture spouting these details to a criminal sketch artist. His brow would furrow as he concentrated deeply on every stroke his pencil made. I start to panic as I hear the sound of squeaking floorboards getting closer with each passing second. He the kneels down so we are face to face. Well not really, I still have to look up to see him. "Hi there." I have no doubt he could hear my sharp intake of breath. I screw my eyes shut not wanting to come face to face with the sadistic man who took me. "Open your eyes love, I'm not here to hurt you." I could hear the sincerity in his voice but it could all be a trick. I start to open my eyes as I prepare to meet the monster.