Internal Battles

Daniel's POV

I did it. I did it again. I just couldn't control myself. My inner monster was recovered after years of having put him away. He seemed to break loose of his bindings and ravish his chains to hungrily maul my one chance of happiness. I was on the precipice of a breakthrough. The edge of an amelioration. One that would forever seal my hopes and dreams in an impenetrable envelope. Visions of my future family slowly wither away on consequence of my mistake. I look over to the large living space and can see a specter of two children. One running around and one sleeping gently on Violet's lap. They are the most beautiful children ever. A perfect mix of Violet and I. Our daughter has grey eyes and blond hair, and our son has blue eyes and dark hair like mine. The widest most radiant smile stretches across Violet's porcelain face. She looks over to me with bright, exquisite eyes. She looks so happy. Her hair flows in curls over her shoulders as our daughter curiously delights in playing with Violet's curls. "Hello." she says wistfully in a distant voice. It almost sounds as if I am underwater. "Uhm, hello?" In the blink of an eye I am back into my reality With no kids and my 'wife' who's scared of me. I take a quick look over my shoulder to notice a Violet that looked nothing like my recent apparition. Her face was blotchy and red with puffy dark circles on her face. Her disheveled hair was matted down with tears and sweat. She looked like a mess and it was all my fault. The enormity of my mistake crashed down on me like the wrath of God.

She peered shyly from behind one of the large marble columns. Only half of her face was visible to me. What a shame, I wanted to see all of it. She's too beautiful to hide her lovely face. "Hey Violet do you need anything?" I try to make my words as soft as possible. With my recent outburst she's clearly on edge. "I, uh, wanted to apologize for yelling." Her voice broke twice as thin streams of tears slowly graced her features as if it was their début on a red carpet. "A-and f-for making you a-angry." More tears. She was apologizing to me? I should be apologizing to her. She had no clue about how guilty I really was about this whole situation. "Hey, hey, there's no need to apologize. I could've really hurt you, I never wanted to put you in that position. If I ever scare you please tell me, I need to know. I'm a little screwed up and lose control sometimes and I'm sorry." She seemed taken aback by my pathetic atonement, almost as if it was unexpected or unreal. I took a step closer, she took a step back. I try touch her face but she slaps my hand off in self defense. Does she really think I'm that much of a monster?