Threats

I scolded myself over and over again for apologizing when he was the one who wronged me. After I slapped his hand away I took in a sharp, short breath. Realizing my mistake I took a tiny step backwards, wanting to distance myself from the unstable man before me. His face fell as if he was ashamed of himself. He's a psychopath he doesn't feel shame. The voice in my mind nagging me about how I felt. I felt as if I was going to explode with fear. He was a ticking time bomb and I was in the wake of disaster. We stood like that for a minute, he with slumped shoulders and me on the balls of my feet If ever he were to strike. "Please, don't be scared of me violet. I'm begging you please just trust me." The pain in his voice was almost tangible. Guilt pouring into every word that left his lips. I had to speak my mind. No more hiding what I feel. If it's honesty he wants then it's honesty he'll get. "How could you ask that of me? My trust isn't something that you inherited when you took me. You have to earn it. This doesn't mean I forgive you though, I hate you, I hate you so much I would die before you earned my trust." I felt dirty as my words drip with harsh venom seeming to sting his heart as he would flinch with every sentence. I had never in my life hated someone before but, I mean it when I say I hate him. I wasn't afraid to say it either. I'm scared of him, yes, but I couldn't not voice my opinion. "You don't mean that Violet you're just angry right now, you love me!" He yelled, voice cracking alongside his heart. I must've hit a nerve with the whole 'hate' thing. I turned my back and walked down the elegant hallway while he was yelling and cursing. I covered my ears until something stood out to me. "I swear to God Violet if you don't love me I'll kill myself right here, right now!" I stopped dead in my tracks as my breath got stuck in my throat. He would really do that. Would he?