Fights

Warning sirens rang through my head like the sound of a freight train. Was he really planning on keeping me here? Keeping me to entertain his fantasy? I was on high alert now. Pricking my ears at any sound, my eyes frantically darting every which way except his eyes. Eye contact would only trigger him to spew more monologues. Silence engulfed the vastness of the house like ribbons of silk, quietly suffocating the imaginary conversation. My mind was panicked as to what to do. I was still shaking violently and couldn't think straight which led me to do the most irrational, stupid thing I could've done. "No." I deadpan. This small comeback was sure to be followed by a huge backlash. "What?" The man inquired. He seemed more confused than as if he was challenging me to slip up one more time. I allowed myself to clarify. "I said no, I'm not staying here to play in you're delusional fantasy game." I stood up to walk away. Only problem was not knowing where to walk away too. It ruined my irrelevant dramatic flare. I scanned the room for any hint as to where the door could be. In my state of alarm I didn't register that he had gotten up as swell. I whip my head around to meet his softened, almost hurt, face. I jump slightly as I was frightened by his seemingly omniscient ways. "I'm trying to as gentle as I can but the little patience I have is wearing very thin. I don't want to do something I will regret. It would be easier on everyone if you just behave and let me explain." I contemplated giving in to his tempting offer. Obedience would be the easiest way, yes, but holding my ground would more effective. The pendulum of choice swung from one side to the other continuously with no end, it seemed. "Fine." I say with slight frustration. "I will let you explain but I have some conditions." Just because I weakly caved doesn't mean I won't try my hand at bargaining with him. He guides me back to the table by the small of my spine like he was waiting any minute for me to bolt out the unfounded door. He forces me into the same chair as before. He takes long graceful strides over to his new spot at the opposite side of the table. "I'm all ears." He says, staring intently at me. He makes me nervous but I have to put on my big girl pants and be strong. " I-I um, I, I want a shower." I claim boldly. I'm tired of being the victim. It's my turn to call the shots. "Of course, I'm not gonna deprive you of basic human needs. I'm not that kind of kidnapper." I'm on the precipice of a mental outburst. "Well what kind of kidnapper are you, huh!? The kind who steals girls away from their lives for their own wants?! Or is this some form of twisted pleasure for you? You love seeing the pain on face and the fear in my EYES OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I SO MUCH AS BREATHE WRONG?!?" His eyes narrowed and soft look contorted into a angry menacing demeanor. His eyes weren't the beautiful grey that I knew, these eyes were filled to the brim with restrained infuriation. Pure antagonism. "Get upstairs Now!!" Oh God. I was in for it.