Awkward moments and arguments.

Four's P.O.V

The past week of training has gone by slowly and painfully. After my little slip of the tongue, I'd been trying extra hard not to not to talk to or about Tris.

It's been pretty hard, especially seeing as everyone has been talking about her. She is beautiful, nearly top of initiation and an Abnegation transfer, so I'm unsurprised that she's a topic of conversation.

Impatiently, I drum my fingers on the arm of my chair. What's taking Max so long? Seriously I don't have all day.

Right on cue, Max's assistant Ashley pops her head around the corner and calls me in. I stand up and follow her into Max's office.

"Thanks," I say as she shuts the door behind me.

"Have a seat Four," Max says beckoning to an empty chair.

"So your third initiation class! How's it going?" Max asks.

"Uh yeah, good," I answer curtly.

"Right right. So I called you here today because I've been hearing interesting things about one of your transfers, Beatrice Prior." So that's her full name. "She seems to be quite the student! We haven't seen those kinds of results on a transfer since... well since you actually," Max says.

"She's excelled at everything so far," I say as nonchalantly as I can.

"Mm. Now tell me Four, granted she does well in the final stage of training, do you think she would be suited to Leadership?" He asks leaning forward in his chair.

I raise an eyebrow. Leadership? I mean of course she would be suited to it, she's intelligent and kind but also ruthless. She would be perfect.

However I don't know if I want her involved in all of the messed up crap Dauntless is getting involved in these days. I was offered Leadership two years ago, but I knew it would only mean enforcing corrupt orders, so I refused.

But I can't tell Max that. "Yes, she'd be well suited for Leadership," I say reluctantly.

"Well great, we could really use some more amazing women like her," he says excitedly. "Keep up the good work. You may leave," he says.

I push my chair out and stand up to leave.
"Oh and Four," Max says as I open the door.
"There's always a place for you in our Leadership program should you want it," he reminds me.

"I'll keep that in mind," I attempt to say politely, I shut the door behind me.

I walk swiftly down the corridor and stop when I hear a shrill voice call my name. Great.

"Four, wait up!" Ashley calls. I stop and turn around to see her running towards me clutching a jumper.

"You left this at Max's office," she pants batting her eyelids batting rapidly.

"No I didn't," I say.

"Oh," Ashley looks disappointed. Her hair is a light blonde colour, but it's obviously not natural as her dark roots are showing through. She has heavy makeup on, most prominent is the bright pink staining her thin lips.

"So anyway, I know you're busy with initiates and everything, but there's this party on Saturday and I wandered if maybe you wanted to go? Uh with me?" She says continuing to bat her eyelashes.

"I'm busy," I say, a half assed attempt to spare her feelings.

"Oh, ok well maybe another ti-"

I cut her off. "I'm actually busy right now as well so... bye."

I turn and walk away. Why can't it be that easy with Tris?

Zeke meets me in the dining hall for lunch. He's been strangely silent the whole time.

"Dude what's wrong? You're acting weird," I say between bites.

"Shauna told me not to tell you," he says, fidgeting with his food.

"Alright..." I answer suspiciously.

"Ok ok stop pestering me! I'll tell you," he says standing up and pulling me out into the corridor.

"Dude I am so sorry mate but you're fucked," he says. I look at him confused.

"Shauna and I were just messing around near the pit and she started trumpeting about what an idiot you were about the Tris thing," he says.

"Thanks bro," I say sarcastically.

"Yeah whatever, the point is Eric heard and now he knows and he's going to end you!" Zeke whimpers.

"What the fuck Zeke!" I yell.

He raises his hands defensively. "Mate I promise I told her to shut up!"

"Ah Four. Just the person I wanted to see," Eric emerges from behind the corner with a smug smiled across his pierced face.

"Ok so Imma just let you two talk," Zeke says retreating. Sorry dude he mouths to me as he leaves.

"So the great legacy Four, infatuated with an initiate?" Eric laughs. "This is just too funny!"

"What do you want," I ask through gritted teeth.

"Well as your superior, I feel it my duty to remind you that relations between trainer and trainee are strictly forbidden," Eric says, toying with a silver stud in his lip.

"There are no relations," I say, somewhat sadly.

"Ok well make sure there aren't because I will tell Max. And whilst he worships you, I'm sure he'd have no problem making your little bitch factionless," Eric sneers.

My jaw hardens. "Don't you ever talk about her like that again. I'll stay away from her because it's what's best for her, not because you tell me to. You can kiss Max's ass and be a leader all you want, but we both know I can still take you," I say, my eyes in a steel glare. I walk swiftly past him, shoving him with my shoulder.

Jesus, today has been a bunch of awkward moments and arguments.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Four's getting protective! We'll be getting to the juicy stuff soon ;)

Feel free to comment and leave feedback!

Xx Kealie