Knockout.

Tobias P.O.V

I release Tris from my embrace and she smiles at before walking out and shutting the door.

Fuck. I let out a huge sigh.

What have I done? I can't let things happen between us, she could be kicked out of training. I can't let that happen.

Speaking of training, I'm supposed to be down there in five minutes, so I quickly slip on the rest of my clothes and head out the door.

I arrive in the training room before all the initiates and am alone with Eric. Great.

"So, Four. How are things going?" He asks mockingly as he saunters towards me.

"Fine until you showed up," I respond curtly, keeping my eyes trained on anything but him.

"I'm looking forward to watching the initiates fight today. Should be interesting," he says, ignoring my previous statement.

"I'm not," I say truthfully. Enjoying watching the initiates fight has never really been my thing, but now that Tris is involved I'm dreading it.

"I always find it quite entertaining. And I made sure to pair your little girlfriend with the toughest initiate, so it should be a fun match," he says smirking and patting me on the shoulder.

Before my anger has a chance to make itself known, initiates file into the training room. I ball my fists to stop myself from punching Eric in the face in front of them.

I stand there silently as Eric gives them the spiel about how their ranks in the fights will determine who stays and goes.

I scan Tris's face to see what her reactions are. She is very good at hiding it, but I can see she's worried.

Eric reveals the order of fights and who the opponents will be. And sure enough, the last fight of the day is between Alex and Tris.

Alex is almost a foot taller that Tris, and probably twice her weight. It's clearly an unfair match, but there's nothing anyone can do against Eric's decision.

The first fight commences, but I have no interest in it whatsoever. I walk over to Tris, who is punching a punching bag. I stand behind her and observe her for a while.

She doesn't have a lot of upper body strength, but her movements are fast and precise. She reminds me of a wolf in the way she moves. Sleek and elegant, yet powerful and fierce. Beautiful.

"You're weak," I say to her, trying to inject coldness into my voice. I don't want anyone, especially Eric, to notice that I care about her.

She looks up at me with her gorgeous green eyes. She huffs in frustration.

"I'm never going to win," she says in a defeated tone.

"Yes you are. You're going to do as I tell you, and you're going to win," I say, my eyes locked on hers. She gives a slight nod.

"Your movements are fast and precise, you just need to make sure you put your whole body weight behind your punches," I say, hitting the bag a few times to demonstrate.

She tries again, and I smile at the determination in her eyes.

"Make sure you keep tension here," I say, placing a hand on her stomach before I can help myself.

"You're opponent is taller than you. Take advantage of weak spots like the throat, knees and stomach. Cover your face at all times," I say, withdrawing my hand and walking away.

•••

Time flies, and before I know it, the time for Tris vs Alex has arrived. I see Tris walking towards the net and my worry overtakes me. I have to talk to her one last time.

I grab her arm to stop her. "Remember what I said. And watch his feet. He steps before he punches," I advise her. She nods and steps up to the ring.

Alex jumps into the ring with ease and a smirk splits his face as he starts circling her.

"Fight until one of you is incapacitated," Eric shouts. "Go!"

Alex swings a right hook immediately, which Tris dodges. A series of "Go Tris!" and "Yes Tris!" emerges from the crowd.

He swings again, and Tris dodges again. But she is being backed into a corner, and if she doesn't do something soon, she'll be trapped.

Right on cue, she strikes him in the throat with all the force she can muster.

He splutters and grabs his throat in pain. The pained look on his face is quickly transformed into one of anger, and he balls his fists.

"You'll regret that," he yells as he lunges towards her. He brings his fist up and smashes it into Tris's stomach. She doubles over in pain.

I grit my teeth. Come on Tris. Come on.

She swiftly kicks his feet from underneath him and he is sprawled on his back. She presses her knee into his throat and punches him in the face.

She positions her body so that he is pinned down and can't move. He issues a few weak, struggled punches attempting to break free, but Tris's determination wins out.

The crowd of people is screaming and clapping, and one final punch from Tris leaves Alex incapacitated.

I hear Eric curse under his breath as he steps up to the ring. After checking that Alex is unconscious, he stands up and regrettably declares Tris the winner.

I sigh a deep breath of relief. She's okay.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Hope you enjoyed, I think nest chapter will be a bit of truth or dare! 😈

Xx Kealie