I don't want to.

*warning* possible rape triggers

Four's P.O.V

"This week we move on to the final stage of your training," I say. I spout them my rehearsed speech on how the fear landscapes work and what they need to do. "Let's go," I say when I'm done explaining.

Initiates file into the room one after the other and I perform the assessment on each of them one by one. It is painfully boring, and so far the only one I've paid attention to is Uriah's.

He's Zeke's little brother and I think he may be Divergent, I'll have to keep an eye on him.

I hear the door open and the next initiate enters. I look up and am met with the stunning sight of Beatrice Prior. I fight back a smile.

"Uh just lay back in the chair please," I say as I reach for a clean needle and an anaesthetic wipe. We aren't supposed to use anaesthetic, but I don't want her to be in even the smallest amount of pain.

I wipe the side of her neck to numb it, my senses tingling when my fingers touch her. I place the tip of the needle at her neck.

"This might be uncomfortable," I murmur.

I push the needle into her neck and push the syringe down. I watch her as her eyes slowly flutter shut, and she falls into the simulation.

I sit down and watch the monitor, eager to learn about her fears.

Tris flies through her simulations, dealing with each fear expertly. Damn, this girl is amazing! I watch intrigued as she manages to calm her heart rate and float on her back in the middle of the ocean. Sharks are circling her and the water is choppy, but she's calm.

The sky fades to black as the simulation changes. Tris looks around, trying to identify her next fear.

She is now standing in an Abnegation street, surrounded by the bland square houses. Suddenly clouds shadow the sun and the atmosphere dims.

A man steps out from behind one the houses and slowly starts towards Tris. "N..n..no" she gasps. "It can't be". Her breathing is heavy and she crosses her arms over her chest as she backs away.

I furrow my eyebrows. She didn't act like this with any of her other fears, even though she was scared she went right for the problem and faced it head on. What's different about this one?

She swallows a lump in her throat. "I'm not scared of you," she tells the man. "I'm not scared," she repeats to herself.

The man smirks as he backs her into a corner. "You may just be the sexiest stiff I've ever seen," he says licking his lips.

I have a bad feeling about this, and a pit grows in my stomach as I watched the monitor.

The man moves closer to Tris and tears start to form in her eyes. She is trembling and her breathing is getting faster and faster.

He looks her up and down, pausing at her chest. His eyes take in her long slender legs and he grins. "You're all mine," he says menacingly.

He grabs her face and pushes his lips against hers. She jerks her face away and screams.

He laughs pulling her back and kissing her neck. Tris is sobbing, but can't seem to fight back.

My eyes widen in horror. I feel a primal rage building up inside me, like something I've never felt before. But I know if I pull her out the simulation will mark her as a fail, and Eric could report her to Max.

I ball my fists and keep my eyes trained on the monitor. "No, I don't want to," she whimpers.

"Shut the fuck up bitch," the man says. "It will be over before you know it." He roughly puts a hand around her waist and presses his palm against the small of her back.

Cries rack her body as he reaches down to squeeze her ass and his other hand starts to unlace her dress.

I'm mortified, I can't watch this anymore. Out of all the horrific things I had seen initiates go through in their fear landscapes this is the worst. And she's an absolute wreck, if I don't stop it, where will it lead to? I know it isn't real but, Tris, my Tris... I can't let it happen.

The urge to protect her stops me from thinking rationally.
Breaking the strict protocol, I jump to the keyboard, rushing to type in the code to pull her out of the simulation.

She gasps and jerks back into consciousness, sobbing and crying. A voice in the back of my mind is screaming 'don't!' But I don't care if Eric reports me at this point. I sit next to her and lift her shaking body onto my lap. She crosses her arms over her body and buries her head in my neck. And I wrap my arms around her.

We sit there and I hold her, hoping that I make her feel safe. I can't comprehend what I have just witnessed. Watching someone put their hands on her like that... it makes my blood boil. And even worse, it makes me question where the fear originated from... did that happen to her in real life? I feel sick.

She lifts her head to look at me. "I'm sorry," she sniffs. This is the first time I've seen her so vulnerable. I don't care about my promise to Eric, or my promise to myself.

Seeing what I just saw makes it impossible for me to isolate myself from her - I can see she needs someone. And my deluded self would like to think she needs me, even though all she knows me as is her "scary instructor who's too tall".

My expression is gentle and kind. "You don't ever have apologise to me," I tell her.

I pull her in to a close embrace. It feels so good and so right that I don't want to let go, but I know I have to.

Rap rap rap. A knock on the door interrupts us. It takes all the self control I can muster to pull away from her.

"That will be Eric, he's taking over for me at five," I say glancing at my watch.

"Oh," she says looking down. "The others-"

"Don't worry, I won't let them see you like this. Go out the back door, I'll meet you in a minute," I whisper, just inches away from her face. I give a small smile as I stare deep into her eyes. I wonder what she's thinking...

Rap rap rap.

She stands up and wipes her eyes. I wait for her to go out the back before opening the door and letting Eric in.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Feel free to comment any feedback - good or bad!

Xx Kealie