Chapter 10

Previously:

He just lays there staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"What?" I ask after he's been starring at me for several minutes.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful." That made me blush as red as a tomato.

"Shut up." I tell him, gently shoving his shoulder. A challenging smile formed on his face as he pulled me closer until we were just inches apart.

"Make me." He whispers. That's all the push I needed to close the gap between us and kiss him.

Chapter 10:

Zach is resting on the couch while I make myself some coffee, someone knocked on the door as soon as I pick up my mug. My eyes snap towards the front door, out of the corner of my eye I notice Zach doing the same. I slowly creep towards the window at the front that gives me a perfect view of the front door. I gently move the curtains just enough to see a man standing there pacing impatiently. He suddenly stops and his gave moves to me, his eyes blood red lock on mine and I know he saw me. I quickly move away and run to Zach.

"It's a vampire, he saw me, we have to go." I whisper to him.

"I can't and he shouldn't be able either the sun is about to rise." Zach whispered back. Suddenly the guy knocked on the door again.

"I know you're there Zach. It's me Killian let me in." He yells. I turn to Zach with a questioning gaze. Zach just looked apprehensive like he didn't know what to do. Killian knocked on the door again.

"Zach, please let me in. The sun is about to rise." Zach let his head fall backwards with a sight before nodding at me, to let me know I could let him in. I walk back to the door and opened it just a fraction. The guy gave me an impatient but curious look before I opened the door fully and let him walk past me.

"Zach, I came to warn you about Levi. He's looking for you. He wants to kill you and your friend." He says pointing towards me.

"We know." I tell him. Killian turns to me and gave me a questioning look.

"What?" He asks.

"We encountered him in the woods a couple minutes ago." Zach explained.

"What?!" Killian yells turning back to Zach.

"He's dead." I add. Killian turns back to me with wide eyes.

"But how? He said he was going to get the werewolves nearby to help." That got my interest.

"Wait what?" I ask him.

"He told me he was going to make a deal with the Alpha of the nearby pack. If they helped him kill Zach, he'd help them get to a traitor. You, I assume."

"So that's how they knew Zach was with me." I say underlay breath. Zach tried to get up grunting in pain as he did so.

"We can't let him get away with this." Zach says when he is sitting up straight.

"Are those sunburns?" Killian asks, looking horrified at Zach's burned body. Zach nodded.

"Zach you know you can't..." Zach cut him off with a pointed look before quickly glancing at me.

"Wait, don't tell me she doesn't know."

"Know what?" I ask.

"Killian."

"Vampires don't..."

"Killian!" Zach yelled.

"She deserves to know!"

"Know what? Zach what are you hiding?" There was a long silence before Killian broke it.

"If you don't tell her now, I will." Zach just kept silent and gave Killian a threatening glare.

"Fine, have it your way." Killian turns to me, breaking his starring contest with Zach.

"Killian, don't." But he just ignored Zach.

"We can't heal from sunburn. At least not like we normally do."

"What?"

"If the sun burned our skin, its protective layer burns away. You could say that in that spot our body turned back into a human. The only difference is that the sun has a bigger effect on our skin. Since our body has turned back into a human in that spot we can't heal it like we do with regular wounds. If the damage is to great, our entire body could turn back human."

"Is that bad?" I ask after Killian explained everything. Zach and Killian exchange glances before they gave me a sad look.

"Our body would turn into its actual age." Killian explained again. I gave him a confused look before the pieces came together. And in that same moment Zach voiced my thoughts.

"We die, Alice."