Chapter 4

"Blizzards can go step on a Lego, for all I care," I grumbled, snuggling into my blanket.

"What?" Bumblebee asked. "What does that mean?" He was flying planes with Sari at the moment, and almost all of his attention was on the plane. Probably not the smartest decision, but hey, this is Bee. When is he smart?

Mhm.

Exactly.

"It means I don't like blizzards," I explained.

Small sirens in the base began to go off, making me jump. If I had hot chocolate, that would be problematic.

"Security sensors are picking up increased Decepticon signals," I heard Prowl tell Optimus. "Activity levels are higher than anything we've seen on Earth."

"Could be they're getting ready for an invasion," Optimus said, attempting to sound smart. At least I think it was an attempt. It didn't work very well.

"Incoming!" Ratchet yelled, using his magnetic pulse to destroy one of the planes that was flying rampant through the base.

"Hey!" Bumblebee exclaimed. "You made me lose!" He began to pout, like the little sparkling that he is. Or his personality is, anyway.

"Yeah, what was that for?" Sari asked, her hands on her hips.

"We're a little on edge, Sari," Optimus told her. "The Decepticons are mobilizing for a full-scale assault."

"And we're suppose to defend the entire planet how?" Bumblebee asked. "I hate to be a downer here, but five of us against all of them? The odds aren't exactly in our favor!"

"Uh, hello, am I invisible?" Sari asked. "I make six."

"Hey, maybe the Dinobots can help!" Bulkhead exclaimed. Then the whole room went silent, except for my giggling. I couldn't help it!

"The Dinobots were destroyed, weren't they?" Optimus turned to Prowl.

"You told me you were gonna tell him," Bulkhead said to Prowl. "He told me has was gonna tell you!" he said to Prime.

"Tell me what!" he was pissed.

"Go on, it's Prime, he'll understand," Bulkhead told Prowl.

"Well," Prowl started, then told him the whole story. Yep, Prime was pissed.

"You stole the Dinobots and took them to an island??" he screamed.

"Technically, I 'rescued' the Dinobots," Prowl clarified. "I sensed a spark in them. We're programmed to protect life, not destroy it."

"The fate of the Earth and Cybertron hang in the balance and all I have to command are a bunch of undisciplined, insubordinate malfunctions!" Optimus screamed.

"You might want to go a little easier on the young bots," Ratchet told Optimus.

"Well, maybe it's not a bad thing, what Prowl did," Bulkhead said. "We could use it to our advantage! I mean, they kind of owe us."

"Bulkhead, Lilly and I could go to their island and ask for help against the Decepticons," Prowl added.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you!" Prime told him sternly. "To make sure the job's done right this time. Mistakes are something we can't afford. Too much hangs in the balance which is why we need better security measures on every level, starting with the key."

"What?" Sari exclaimed, looking up from her plane.

"It's not safe in Sari's care anymore," Optimus continued. "And Sari's not safe either. We need to guard it from here on out, after all, it's not a toy."