Chapter 2

It was a new day, and Maya woke up to a text from none other than her ex boyfriend, Joshua Matthews.

We need to talk

Maya ignored the text, and swiped through her phone to read other texts she had missed from yesterday.

Around ten minutes after Maya waking up, her husband joined her in being awake.

"Come on Hucklebery, Mason has to get to school in an hour. " Maya said lifting the sheets of the king size bed the two shared.

After five minutes of attempting to get Lucas out of bed, Maya had finally gotten him out and in the kitchen starting breakfast.

"Joshua texted me this morning" Maya said looking up from her morning coffee.

"Hmm. What did he say?"

"He said that we needed to talk." Maya scoffed. "He just wants to make out probably and break us up at usual. "

"Don't you worry short stack, never ever gonna happen. " Lucas said pulling her into a hug and a kiss

"Mhm huckleberry" Maya said looking up at her husband. "I'm going to wake up the kids. "

Maya went up the stairs to get her oldest and only son, Mason and then her little girl, Mia. Amelia was still asleep, So Maya let her sleep in until they had to get going.

Short after Maya returned downstairs to Lucas setting the table with pancakes and bacon.

She carried the still half asleep two year old still trying to wake her up.

"Mi Mi, Daddy made pancakes and bacon." She spoke in a soft tone towards her daughter while slowly and softly rubbing her back attempting to wake her up in a calming way.

"Pwancakes?" Mia said looking up from her mothers shoulder.

"Yes sweetie now eat up. We have errands to run today!" Lucas said taking her from Maya and setting her in her seat.

Maya's phone suddenly rang again and she sighed. Knowing it was probably her ex boyfriend again.

Maya you can't just ignore me like that. And answer the damn door.

Right after reading Josh's message he has sent, the doorbell rung and somebody walked in.

"Maya!" Josh yelled walking into the living room.

"get out of our house" Lucas demanded as josh walking into the kitchen, where Maya Lucas and their children stood.

"O lookie here Maya! What is this? Oh yes it's the engagement ring I was suppose to give to you. But this nasty ass trash bag you call your husband stole you away from me." Josh snickered

"Do not curse in front of my children. And Lucas has always been mine. We just dated Josh, there's nothing special about that." Maya said picking up Mia taking her to the other room to finish breakfast.

"I'm in love with Lucas, and I always have been ever since the day I saw him on the subway."

With that, Josh got so angered and whacked the family photo of the four that was taken last time they went on vacation to the floor and it shattered as he slammed the door.

"Well that was definitely not a good way to start my morning." Lucas said picking up the glass.

"Mhm"