Chapter 8

At the hospital-

Lucas got out of the car first, with Mia securely in his arms and ran to the front desk and demanded the doctors to rush her into the emergency room.

"GET MY GIRL A DOCTOR SHES IN PAIN!" Lucas screamed with tears forming in his eyes.

Doctors rushed in, and took Mia and wheeled her away and told the group to stay and wait in the waiting room and they would come with any updates.

Lucas and Maya broke down watching their daughter get wheeled away in the ER.

"Mommy. Daddy. Will Mia be okay?" Ask Mason who looked scared and concerned for his little sister.

"I don't know buddy, how about we go sit next to Uncle Zay and Uncle Farkle and Amelia and Harry." Lucas said to his son.

Maya took Amelia from Zays arms and held her in her arms as comfort.

Maya sat next to Lucas, resting her head on her shoulder while Mason played with Harry in the place area in the room, While Zay and Farkle were discussing who knows what.

"I hope our baby girl is ok" Maya mumbled to Lucas.

"She will M, Lets just hope for the best, so we can go home and celebrate christmas."

After waiting for around half an hour the doctor has came back, but sadly without Mia.

"We have broke the fever she was running and tested her for strep, flu" and he went on listing other things but Maya and Lucas honestly just did not care at the moment. They just wanted to know if their baby girl was ok.

"But we had ran another test just to be clear, and it did come up positive."

Maya and Lucas's heart stopped. Frightened to hear what the positive result was.

"She had tested positive for cancer. I'm sorry mr and mrs Friar. But we have caught it decently early, so it is treatable."

The couple had then broke down crying, and Zay and Farkle had came over and heard the news and comforted them.

"We understand that you are not from the area, but we strongly recommend you staying out in Texas so Mia can receive the proper treatment. Texas does have the best hospitals that treat her kind of cancer."

"We understand. We can stay it's okay, we just want our little girl better." Maya cried.

Lucas nodded in agreement with his wife, only wanting the best right now for Mia.

"Great! We can start treatment tonight, and we will be able to release her in the morning if there are no complications." The doctor said looking down at his clipboard.

"You can see her for the meantime, while we get the treatment set up. She's room 293 floor 2" The doctor said as he walked away.

They all gathered their belongings and the children and walked to Mias room.

When you they walked in they saw her looking so helpless and sick.

"Oh Mia" Maya said while breaking down in tears again.

Lucas hugged her as support and held her hand as they walked towards the hospital bed where their daughter slept on.

"Mama? Daddy?" Mia stirred as she began to wake up. "I wanna go home."

Lucas sighed and began explaining to his daughter in the best way possible that the doctors were going to treat her tonight and they would go back to the the rental house tomorrow.