Chapter 9

It was now the next morning, also know as Christmas Eve.

Maya and Lucas woke up around seven am, and got ready fast to get to the hospital to visit their daughter Mia, who had no choice and had to stay at the hospital overnight to receive the treatment the doctors had prepared for her.

When they walked down stairs, they saw a passed out Zay and Farkle with Harry and Mason snuggled up near them, and Amelia in her play pen fully awake but still quiet.

"Hi baby girl!" Maya said in her lowest voice, not trying to wake up the boys sleeping on the couch, while picking up her youngest daughter Amelia.

Amelia smiled at her mother and held on to her as Maya walked into the kitchen.

Lucas had prepared Amelia a bottle while Maya had gotten her and set their bags on the counter ready to go to the hospital.

"Should we wake the others?" Maya asked walking into the kitchen.

Lucas handed her the bottle, and replied.

"Eh, Our trip will be quick so let's just let them sleep."

The two parents walked out, Maya carrying Amelia and her bag and they got settled in the car, and drove off towards the Texas Hospital.

They pulled up around ten minutes later and rushed in, eager to see how Mia had accepted the treatment, and more excited just to see Mia herself. Who they haven't seen since last night.

They walked in and saw Mia, happy and awake but still tired at the same time.

They hugged her and Maya handed Amelia to Lucas then sat down next to her daughter.

"Santas coming tonight." Maya smiled to Mia and she stroked her long blonde hair.

"Yes Mommy, I hope i don't get coal." The little girl who was sitting in a hospital bed giggled.

Lucas lifted up Mia who was now fully dressed in her red sparkly christmas dress and lifted her to his hip.

"Time to get out of here Mi!" Maya said looking at her daughter.

"Everybody is waiting at the house! Though they may still be sleeping" Lucas laughed trying to amuse his daughter.

Mia giggled and hugged onto her father as they excited the small and boring hospital room while Maya held her little bag they had left with her the night before.

They checked out of the hospital and now headed to their rental house.

Lucas carried Mia because she was still weak and tired which was one of the major side effects from the treatment she had received the night before.

"Welcome home Mia!" They all cheered as Mia and her parents walked through the door to be greeted with Zay, Farkle, Harry and Mason and a fully cooked breakfast that consisted of pancakes and bacon which was Mia's favorite breakfast.

Amelia clapped her little hands together following the family along with their excitement towards her big sister coming home.

"Hi!" Mia a tired Mia squeaked out from her fathers arms.

"Lets have you eat quickly Mi, then you can go upstairs and take a little nap." Maya smiled

"Okay Mommy." Mia said trying to smile to her mother

Maya sighed watching her sick daughter slowly eating her breakfast still in her fathers arms while sitting on his lap.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me." Maya said, with her voice cracking, as she ran up the stairs

Lucas started to get up to go and run after her to go and comfort her, but Farkle insisted that he should be the one to talk to Maya.

Lucas agreed and decided to be with his daughter as she continued to eat her breakfast.

Farkle ran up the stairs to Lucas's and Maya's room.

He listened to her sobs through and knocked on the door.

"Lucas i'm ok, just please go downstairs and spend your time with the children." Maya cried out weakly from her room.

"Maya it's me, Farkle. I'm coming in ok."

He got no response from her and took that at a yes and walking in the room to see Maya under her blankets with her face all red from crying.

He hugged her and started to talk to Maya, trying to comfort her.