Chapter Five:

It's been a few days since I hung out with Lana. I wish I was still with her. Since I came back this place has been a living heck. It's the worst. I thought that the headmistress was my friend, but apparently not. For the past few days she's been making me do extra chores, and I don't know why. I feel my brick phone vibrate in my pocket so I pull it out and look at it. I see that Lana has texted me.

L-Lana K-Kristia
L-So, how's it going?
K-terrible. I just want to get out of this place
L-Why?
K-it's a living heck now. I've had to do extra chores and I hate it
L-I'm sorry. If it makes it any better, I'm coming up later today to come say hi
K-that does make it a little better

   After that, the headmistress comes over to me and takes my phone away.

"Why the heck did you do that?"

"You deserve it you little brat! You're always on this thing!"

   After she says that, she throws my phone on the ground, stomps on it, and walks away. Great, just great. Why did she do that? She used to be my friend. Now I have none.

   After I finish my chores and put all of the supplies away, I hear footsteps in the hall. It must be Lana. I walk into the lobby, and sure enough it's her.

"Lana! I've missed you so much," I say while hugging her.

"I've missed you too Kristia."

   After that, we talk for a little bit and she says that she has a surprise for me. The headmistress comes out of her office and says, "congratulations Mrs. Parrilla. The adoption is now final. Kristia is now your daughter." I look at Lana and hug her again. This time I squeeze her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the best day of my life."

   I go upstairs and Lana follows me. When we get in my room I totally forgot that I didn't tell anybody that Lana's my mom. They're all fans of Once Upon A Time too. When Lana walks in they all gasp.

"You're Lana Parrilla!"

"You're Regina!"

"You're the Evil Queen!"

"Guys, calm down. Oh, just to let you know, I'm leaving this place and I'm never coming back."

"Oh, it's you Kristia."

   I tell Lana to just ignore them and we walk out the orphanage when we're done packing up my stuff. When we get in the car Lana says, "those girls weren't very nice to you."

"Eh, I'm used to it. I've been treated like that for a while, but not now. Now I'm with you," I say while leaning over and hugging her. This is the best day of my life. I'm tired, I never got sleep in that place. I'm humming along with the songs that come on the radio until I fall asleep in the car. Like I said, I'm tired.

                         Lana's Pov
      I hear Kristia humming along to the songs and I can already tell that she's an amazing singer. When I look over at her she's asleep. She looks so peaceful and beautiful when she's asleep. I wish I was there for her when she needed me, but I wasn't. I let her down.

Kristia's Pov
   Somebody gently shakes me a wake and I open my eyes and look around. I'm in front of a huge house and then I look next to me and I see Lana smiling. It's nice to be here with her.